Frugal tip for Glasses and hands

susiestar

Roll With It
I just recently grabbed something new to clean my glasses. I was all settled in and realized my glasses were dirty. Since I usually use a spray bottle of alcohol on them, I grabbed an alcohol prep pad that was handy after my Vit D shotand wiped them down. Then I used a soft piece of cloth on my shirt to dry them off.

I ended up with a really clean, streak free pair of lenses. I did have to unfold the pad to get both sides of the lenses clean at the same time since the pads are about 1 inch by 2 inches folded to a square piece.

Now I have used the wipes from the glasses places. I have used microfiber cloths (I do like these, and keep one in my purse) and all sorts of things, including the bottom of any t shirt handy! I have to say these pads work better than the high priced brands I have come across lately - there is less streaking if you carefully wipe with the bottom of a soft shirt or a towel.

But these prep pads come in a box of 100 for about $1.50. They are small, evaporate quickly and are disposable. They also dry out in a minute or so, leaving you with a dry wrapper and wipe to tuck into a pocket instead of a moist wipe. At 1 and 1/2 CENTS per wipe (approximately) for the cheap variety at walmart, these are an AWESOME deal for cleaning any lens!

Having the prep pads on hand is also handy if you are out and get an ink stain from a pen. Most inks, including sharpies, come off with alcohol (it is the alcohol in hairspray that works to remove ink).

These are even small enough to tuck into a kid's pocket!!

I have also used them to wipe off my hands (took 2 of the wipes but my hands were not very dirty, just a bit sticky). I am careful with the kids' hands because the alcohol can sting, but otherwise I am tickled with this new discovery.

Just another one of those odd things I have discovered. Hope someone tries it and lets me know if it works as well for them!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
You mean I am supposed to clean my glasses. Maybe that has been my problem all along.

I will have to try these. I get so frustrated with trying to keep mine clean.

beth

klmno

Great idea!! Thanks- difficult child and I both wear glasses and we are very bad about not cleaning them.

Lothlorien

I keep them in my camera bag to clean my lens. I have to get some, because I'm out, but I have been using a Q-tip with alcohol on it, in the meantime.