Frustrated!!!

Sheila

My son gets no accommodations in school and I really feel that if he could get tests read to him he would be much more successful but the SD won't do that because he does not test as having an Learning Disability (LD) according to them.

Did you request an IEE? Please visit the Special Education 101 forum. We often can help with these type issues.

nvts

Hi! Welcome! We went through the same thing. I went to our childs Literacy teacher and she suggested that we go with 2 15 min. intervals during the day. She also said to start with comic books or books about his favorite character (YuGiOh). We went that route and we're now getting to where he's stretching it on most days to 25 mins. at a clip.

Look at it like "tiny triumphs"!

wife of taxman

I had an IEP through the speech teacher. difficult child has been finished with speech for 6 months so no IEP now. IEP didn't seem to be doing that much since difficult child doesn't seem to qualify for much. No Learning Disability (LD) just ADD. Have tough time seeing his abilities-I know he has them, because he doesn't show enthusiasm for much and doesn't stick with things for very long. I will try to remember he isn't broken just different but I need to know what his differences are and I don't think I know that yet. He has appointment in August with his first psychologist-hoping for answers then.