Frustration

susiestar

Roll With It
Sharon,

PLEASE do not give in to the guilty feelings. Being happy to have peace while difficult child is in psychiatric hospital is very natural. The guilt will only make it harder for you to heal. Be aware that you and husband are probably dealing with PTSD, or it will hit in the near future. The more you can recharge your batteries and heal your spirit the better off ALL of you will be in the long run.

I did not trigger my son's worst behaviors in the psychiatric hospital lightly. I, too, felt the psychiatrist and others did not think my son had major problems (trying to kill his sister was just a "boy thing" is what I was told at one point!).

It was the most awful things in the world to have my son go through, except it wasn't. At the time the trauma to both of us (and even the therapist because she just couldn't believe he had hidden that much from the staff - she got sick when he spewed what he had done) was amazingly hurtful. It was hard for my son to have me say the things I did. I would NEVER have gotten through it without all of love, support and constructive advice from the board.

We did get through it, and it allowed him to get real help for his problems, not just platitudes for his attitude. It saved us as a family, and saved difficult child from himself.

Please consider it if you feel they are not seeing and addressing the problems. The level of violence you are seeing in your difficult child is as serious as you think. It is NOT as light as the docs may want to make it. If you have questions on specifics of what I did, please PM me.

Hugs,

Susie