Fundraising happy thoughts

eekysign

That brain cancer 5K that I was looking for a name for? We're a month out, and we've already broken our $2000 fundraising goal. And there are 10 people walking with us!

Warm fuzzies all around. I couldn't be happier or more amazed at my friends and family today. Thought you guys might like to see some good news, too. :D

nvts

Sorry I didn't see the original post! Congrats on how much you raised - what did you end up naming it?

Beth

eekysign

Oh, we went with more traditional play on the names of the two Dads we are walking for! I did throw out a couple of Star's suggestions (they were too good to pass up!!), but my friend wanted something more serious.

We're at $2200 this morning. *GRIN* So exciting. And apparently AI's winner from last year, David Cook, is going to be appearing. I'm not a big fan or anything, but hey, anything that brings awareness! Those of you who watched last season know that his brother had a brain tumor.

eekysign

Just passed $5,000! And the walk is this Sunday - 18 people are coming with us!

I'm so excited I could cry. Humanity is really amazing when it decides to be - every time I deal with Sis, or her idiot school, I try to remember things like this. :)