Funny how things work.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Are you familiar with freecycle?

I've been cleaning lately, and I've given away a lot of my old stuff on freecycle. difficult child 2 received a set of lincoln logs for Christmas and loves them (he loves to build, period). There are only just enuf pieces to build what's on the box. Nothing more. Lincoln logs that aren't in their original container aren't worth much, so I posted several days ago on freecycle, offering to buy anyone's old lincoln logs odds and ends.

I just received an email. It says that he is a Christiam man, and as part of his faith and conviction, he goes to freecycle each new year and selects a few folks to help out. He would like to purchase a set of lincoln logs on ebay for difficult child.

With my self-centered pity-party of late, I'm finding it hard to be a recipient of such a gracious gift.

A nice way to remind one that there's still plenty of good in this world, even if you lose sight of it now and again.

No, I'm not 100%. But his offer has touched me.

Lori4ever

That is awesome. There really is still good people out there. I had a man offer to pay for braces for B while in group home. If I had wanted to, people don't understand that I can't keep him out of the system to finish the care of them. That really is so amazing, I love it when a person helps anybody, but a child is precious, in my opinion.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Shari,

What a gracious offer. I'm glad this came when it did...you needed something positive to lift your spirit. If just for a bit of time.

Hold this feeling close to you. I hope it helps you get through this difficult period. :smile:

DammitJanet

Shari...freecycle is a great site. I have used it quite a bit and have got several things for Keyana on there.

I think its really nice that someone wants to help your little guy with the lincoln logs. It will make both of them feel good.