Funny parenting and friend things

TerryJ2

So, my sister bought me a card, for support with-difficult child and P. The front has a photo of a mom and her young son going over homework. The mother is pointing to something and the speech bubble says, "On your essay about me, you misspelled monster."

On my sister's bulletin board, I just noticed a cutout photo of a girl from the late 1800s, a face shot, and over it are the words, "My face hurts from pretending to like you."

LOL!

DazedandConfused

The other day Son was furious with me over a parenting decision that I made. He gritted his teeth and sneered, "I'm so **** mad at you!"

At first I was a bit shocked over the "d" word aimed at me because it's the one thing my kids know not to do in front of me. Then, I thought better of it and responded, "Good! Now I KNOW I made the right decision!"

**** mine

TerryJ2

I know, I know ... if your kid hasn't shouted "I hate you!" at least once in a lifetime, you're not doing a good job. But it's still hard.
My sister deals with-stress with-humor. I don't know how she does it. I get it after I've heard the funny stuff, but how do you make it funny to begin with? I will have to work on that.
Note to self: Be funnier.

L

Liahona

One of my students would say "You're the meanest teacher ever!" My response "Thank you" said very happy. Now I say this to difficult child 1 when he says something very similar. He hates it. You'd think he'd stop calling me mean after a few years but no, he still does it.

Thanks for the laugh! If I wasn't able to find the humor in the "garbage" my difficult children used to toss at me 24/7, I never would have made it this far. Laughter works wonders! Now, please remind me of this tomorrow morning when I have to wake easy child/difficult child 3 for school... SFR

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Something I did, that absolutely infuriated O... Was smile. A LOT. I wanted to scream right back at her, but I'd smile. And then she'd be arguing some point - for instance, that she trusted friend D, he said it was OKAY to climb in the window of a vacant house... I started to giggle. I couldn't help myself. husband apparently got what I was thinking, because he started to grin, too. And what came out? "You're just NOT THAT stupid."