Gas ponderings...

witzend

So, why is it that when the price of a barrel of oil stays the same or goes up, the price of gasoline goes up every single day, even sometimes more than once in a day - BUT - supposedly the price of oil has dropped for three days in a row. Anyone seen gas get cheaper?

I have to admit we only paid $4.18 a gallon on Sunday, but I had to search for that. But today it was $4.19, so where's the savings? And why is it ok to raise the price every day, but not to lower it every day?

GRRR!!

klmno

I don't know but it is outrageous. And, it always seems to keep increasing during hot, summer months when AC has to be used and we get less milage out of a gallon. I am paying twice the amount to fill up my car as I did when I bought it in 2001.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Since we can NOT discuss politics here - please read between the lines.

There once was a man from Texas
He had oil wells and he vexed us
While he's in Difficult Child
He screamed I HATE BiPolar (BP)
And hiked up gas prices
To befreft us

Seriously - how can I continue to pray for and have respect for a man that has lied so much about so many things? He really is a conscious challenge for me.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Since we can NOT discuss politics here - please read between the lines.

To Witz by Star

There once was a man from Texas
He had oil wells and he vexed us
While he's in Difficult Child
He screamed I HATE BiPolar (BP)
And hiked up gas prices
To befreft us

Seriously - how can I continue to pray for and have respect for a man that has lied so much about so many things? He really is a conscious challenge for me.

Df read this and laughed. THen he said THANK GOD he's not a Kennedy from Nantucket. :surprise::laugh:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I was afraid to read this post. Gas ponderings? Is that someone spontantiously putting out gas?

(Now you ladies know this is a relatively common thing with husband's. Admit it and move on. Guys, just keep doing your thing. We LOVE it.)

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm driving so much these days that I've still got a half tank left from the last time husband filled my tank almost 5 weeks ago.

Travis and Nichole, meantime, are getting lots of exercise. :D

F

flutterbee

Gas? Yes, I have lots of gas.

Ohhhhh....you mean in the car. Someone explained it to me once and it has to do with futures and a bunch of stuff that just sounded like a way for people to make more money. The station paid for what is in the tanks. They should be charging accordingly for what we pump. You know when the prices go up and down that it's the same gas sitting in their tanks. Infuriates me.

busywend

I heard on the news for every $1 per barrel gas drops, it should translate into a drop of $.025 cents per gallon.

But, I fear you are all correct in that it does not drop as fast as it rises.

trinityroyal

I do know that the price of gas around here skyrockets during the summer, when everyone drives up north to the cottage each weekend. When coming back from North Bay on the last leg of my business trip, I saw prices as high as $1.46 per litre (just shy of $6 per gallon).

Although...fewer people seem to be going up north this summer. It wouldn't surprise me if the gas companies start feeling the pinch as more and more people find other ways to get around. Then we'll see what happens to the price.

(Fingers crossed)

tinamarie1

easy child grows more excited by the day as she approaches driving age. I had to break it to her that she will be very lucky to get ANY car as a high schooler. I have been trying to convince her that in certain countrys everyone rides bicycles to work/school, etc. Its not going over so well though.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I found a place that sells it for $4.07/gallon if you pay cash. And if you use your card, it's $4.12/gallon. That still beats almost every other station in the area at $4.30/gallon.

I heard that it's going up to $5/gallon this fall (at least that it was likely).

And I love my Honda Civic which gives me 40 miles to the gallon...but easy child has my car for the next week and I have hers - it only gets 24 miles to the gallon. Ick.

I'm freaking out about heating oil. I don't know how we're going to do it this winter.