Gearing up for tonight

flutterby

Fly away!
difficult child didn't sleep well last night. I heard her several times, and she's been up since 4:30am.

She says she's failing her mid-terms because she just can't do it. She's over-tired and stressed and I'm sure a meltdown is coming.

They are STILL not following one iota of her IEP. And honestly, it really is little things that could easily be done that would help her be successful in school.

I'm tired and frustrated and can't stand to see my child like this.

tiredmommy

That's good news! Did she go to bed early to get some rest? I think a lot of our kids have a hard time self regulating their basic needs... such as I'm tired so I should sleep or I'm hungry so I should eat. At least Duckie does! I'm so glad you had an easier night! :)

flutterby

Fly away!
I forgot I posted this.

You're right TM, about our kids not being able to self-regulate. She ends up waiting until she's falling over tired to take a shower. I convinced her last night to take a shower early, that way when she's ready for bed all she has to do is brush her teeth and climb in. But, I did have to do some convincing.

She has insomnia like I used to - and still do to some degree - in that she can't go to sleep until she's falling over tired. Otherwise, she'll just lie there for hours.

And tonight seems to be going really well, too. Therapy is really helping her in dealing with interpersonal relationships. It's much more enjoyable to spend time with her. It used to always be so contentious. She still has her moments, but they're becoming fewer.

M

ML

Positive thoughts for less "moments". I'm glad she seems to be benefiting from therapy. That is awesome.