Genes 'have key role in autism'

Fran

Former desparate mom
Sounds about right. Hopefully the speed will continue to accelerate towards understanding our kids and how to help them function better and educate them in a meaningful way.

KTMom91

I saw this on whatever news it is that Charlie Gibson anchors. Also, on UCTV, I watched a lecture by Joe Piven from UNC, I believe. He was speaking at the UCDavis MIND Institute about the genetics involved. His theories were very interesting.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I certainly don't have trouble believing it. All I have to do is look at the males on husband's side of the family.

trinityroyal

Here in the Hilarious House of Aspie, I have no trouble believing this either.

The research sounds very promising, and I hope that down the road it leads to increased knowledge and understanding about how Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) folks can better interact with the world.

victorF.954

Thank you for posting this interesting article. I am of the opinion that the medical research is going into the right direction but unfortunately I think there is still a long way to go. I hope that some time in the future it might be possible to cure serious diseases. Besides this I hope this happens before I die.