Geology Birthday Cake for difficult child 2

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I got an idea for a birthday cake for my budding geologist :D Ran all over town this afternoon looking for those little candies that look like rocks/pebbles. Two hours later, found some at the mall. While I was out, husband baked the cake, made the lemon pudding filling, assembled and frosted it. Then added my candied contribution for the finishing touch:

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u143/jmamendola/IMG_4414.jpg

difficult child 2 is VERY pleased with his cake tonight!

susiestar

Roll With It
It looks awesome! Lucky boy. Are the rocks made out of gum? They look great and the rock candy is just the right touch.

Happy birthday to difficult child 2!

Marguerite

I love it!

I was still at school when my sister came home from a visit to the US, she brought me a bag of rock candy. I picked out the most realistic looking pieces and took them to school to show my Geology teacher. Shewas too smart for me!

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Thanks everyone :)

Dazed: :rofl:

Susie, the bigger rocks are jelly bean candies, the small ones are chocolate. I'd intended to sprinkle the purple "amethyst" rock candy all around, but husband opted to use it as a psuedo candle. :) I also found some "gold" nuggets that I sprinkled on sparingly, especially since they were gum (doesn't go too well with the cake aspect)!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
K would love that!!! She had her Dinosaur Fossil cake maybe this idea could be her next one!!!