get my eye test results today....

Jena

hi

so today i got to neurologist to get my eye test results to see if i have optic neuritis. i'm praying i do not. that'll make me thrilled.

yesterday was my a birthday i'm 30 again! LOL.

i was able to ride my horse yesterday at the place i've been taking lessons. actually ok not my horse, she hurt her foot and believe it or not it doesnt' look like she'll be able to ride anymore. it's very sad.

i rode another horse. it was hard yet i was able to do it with breaks inbetween a 30 min lesson.

i'm finding more exercise keeps my leg spasms away.............

ok keep fingers crossed i get an awesome report

Jena

i'm happy to say i don't have optic neuritis yet! yay! yet I said to him why do i see all the odd things i see than and have vision disturbances... like black dots at times etc. blurry. he said your brain wiring is totally off due to the brain damage from the disease. if it gets bad come in i'll give you a shot of steriods to calm it down.

today was the explain ms thing, and scare the **** out of us. husband and i went left difficult child in the waiting room. we pickeda medication to use once we get the insurance. he explained how many things can be affected by it. my gait is off and balance. memory recall's getting a bit harder and i am stuttering a bit now and also can't find the words sometimes when talking to husband or anyone. it's not horrible yet it gets a little frustrating.

so we're praying the insurance goes thru fast, he's going to try to see if he can swing getting us free avonex from one of the manufacturer's to help slow this disease down. he's said you've had this for years and you just kept truckin on. i guess it got bad enough you finally said ok let me take care of myself. i said yes.

so we left in a bit of shock and abeing scared. i said i want to keep my eyes to the dr, my mind which he explained can go as well with this. i said god can take the rest yet if i have those things i'll always be ok. so we'll see. here's praying it slows down, i get insurance, medications and all will be well and the disease will stop progressing.

he said live each day like you normally would, takeh your breaks when needed which i'm already learning. he said do when you can do. this is why i like this doctor. i rode yesterday it was so hard but i did it and felt really confident after.

so onward and upward i go.

graceupongrace

i guess it got bad enough you finally said ok let me take care of myself. i said yes.

Jena, I think this is key -- you do need to take care of yourself, and let others take care of you when you need it. That doesn't mean you stop living; it means you just have to pay more attention to your body, and do what you can do -- no more, no less.

Glad to hear it wasn't optic neuritis. Your doctor sounds like a keeper!

DDD

Ditto, Grace's post I'm happy the news was positive and that you and husband are facing it together. Hugs DDD

Jena

thanks guys...... i'm living as i always did, i'm not stopping i'm just being cautious when doing things. using this brain deteroration lol knowledge as a guide to use when doing certain things. just to be smarter, take my breaks when need be. yet i haven't let it change me or how i live my life. i don't plan on doing that anytime soon.

it def hurts when i push yet i know for fact it won't make my disease worse. DDD how are you? why are you smoking drinking? what's going on haven't been here yet saw that? sheesh can i come over i'd make you a cocktail :)

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs))))) i am sorry that it is so scary but very glad that you now know what you need to know. PLEASE check out www.pparx.org - it is a site that helps you with ALL of the various drug co programs for free/cheaper medications. You are NOT going to be approved for insurance. Not you and husband as a couple. If he were to set up his business as a group, you MIGHT be able to be included. If you had insurance you would have to be sure to NEVER let it lapse because if you are not covered and have a diagnosis like ms you will NOT be covered. They cannot drop you if you are already covered when you find out about it, but if you are not covered there is no ins co in the country that will touch you.

Once you have at least one refusal you can buy into the state's high risk insurance coverage. You have to pick a deductible limit that you can pay at the beginning of each year and after that your medication care is covered at whatever rate your policy says. It is NOT cheap by any means. And any affordable plan has really high deductibles.

But you are on the right track. Info is the best tool you can have. I hope that you can get thte medications soon.

Much as I HATE to say it, if you were single you might get disability or SSI and medicare/medicaid.

I think you need to at least apply for these. If husband's business isn't making a lot of money, you may be able to qualify even though you are not married. You also need to apply for disability for difficult child. It would be a big help for you and open up some doors for her maybe. here the state medicaid is the most often taken type of insurance and many docs only take that. Some are hacks, but many are excellent.