GET THEE BEHIND ME FELL BEAST......thou are foul flu bug

Star*

call 911........call 911
NOT MUCH TIME.......but

:mcsmiley1::sneezing:=:people_crybaby:

I'm I'm ready to :919Mad:.......

:church:for him.......I AM NOT A :nurse: and at this point? :angel:points are out the window for me too.

I'd rather be sick twice, run over with a smooth drum roller and picked at by buzzards than be home with a sick man.

help:sorrowsmiley2: me......mostly to keep my mouth shut because when I got my flu shot I had a coupon for a free one for him and he said......Oh what was it? Gosh if I could ONLY remember.....OH OH yeah...."Well I'm not getting one....I NEVER get sick."

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, my!!! You have my empathy. (notice I didn't say sympathy lol )

Holy Moly a sick man..............*backs away* eeek!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Natural consequences? Oh, they are a doozie! Kids know it, you know it.....now......it's known period. *chuckle* (not funny to you I know) Maybe NEXT year a flu shot will be gotten??

I'm sorry that you will have a bit of added stress for a while. I hope things get better soon and it's not an extended flu bug.

*hands you some extra masks, tissues, chicken soup, lysol spray and wipes*

DammitJanet

Star, can you afford a Motel 6? I swear we need to bunk in together. I will pay you back on Monday. I think I have enough gas to get there. Maybe.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Eeeeek, Starbie... I hate sick men. HATEHATEHATE.

But, thank you - I need to go get my flu shot and so does Onyxx.

They are the biggest babies when they're sick!! !(When I'm sick...too bad, I'm still making dinner, doing laundry and waiting on everyone.)

I tell my husband to :fishbashsmile:go sleepytime and leave me alone when he gets sick.

susiestar

Roll With It
I always thank my lucky stars that when husband is sick he wants to be left alone. He is grumpy, he won't take medications as directed (I accidentally Freudianly typed 2 ss on the word as, and should have left them there!), but mostly he just hibernates under a blanket and snores. I just ADORE nyquil (store brand, of course). husband almost never takes medications toher than blood pressure and citalopram. He does take some vitamins, but any medication like advil or aleve or even tylenol just knocks him flat out. So nyquil is AWESOME when he has a cold.

I would tell him to just go to bed and stop griping. The year husband told me he didn't need a flu shot because he didn't ever get sick? He got really sick. He got angry when I wasn't as nice as usual and refused to go get any medications for him. Why? He could have had the flu shot. it would have been FREE and he still refused. So he was told in advance that he would NOT get tea and sympathy or me going to do ANYTHING extra for him.

The next year? He got the flu shot. He turned down the pneumonia shot. He ended up with the worst pneumonia I have ever seen. I sat up all night with him making sure he didn't stop breathing or choke for almost a week. He would have been in the hospital but the doctor knew that I would keep a closer eye on him than nurses at the hospital could and that I would force him to use the nebulizer treatments.

I hope DF feels better soon. With the other health problems, the flu really is worse than it would be for most people.

FYI, the absolute BEST cough suppressant is still alcohol. Second best is codeine or other opiates. most opiates incl hydrocodone and methadone work as cough suppressants.

Kathy813

Staff member
Two of my students have been out all week with the flu. It seems like it is starting early this year.

I hate to sound sexist but men are big babies when they get sick.

~Kathy

witzend

They are the biggest babies when they're sick!! !(When I'm sick...too bad, I'm still making dinner, doing laundry and waiting on everyone.)

I still do all that stuff too. I can never get any sleep when I'm sick, I'm just so miserable. So I do all the normal stuff and just whine and moan about how awful I feel. I'm no picnic to be around when I'm sick. husband will just sleep. And sleep and sleep and sleep. I wish I could do that...

DammitJanet

I would love to go be with Star for a few days but Im wondering if she could even stand me right now...lol. I might be worse than a man with the flu! Oh wait, maybe I should go to her house and it would drive man with flu running into the night screaming...lol.