Get your creative juices flowing...

seriously

I need help coming up with a name for an Etsy shop. I am finally breaking down and putting some of my art on the web. I do not have the patience and resources to do my own website and several folks suggested Etsy so I thought I'd give it a try.

If you have any ideas for a catchy name I would love to hear them.

What does my art look like? Like nothing most people have ever seen before - but they mean that in a good way they say.

I create art from folded layers of paper. If you are a scrapbooker or card maker you may be familiar with Iris Folding. Sometimes I incorporate iris folding into my pieces but not always.

To see a few pics you can go to http://photobucket.com/irisfold

Thanks

Mattsmom277

Wow, that is stunning work you have! I like the name but I'd call it Into the Fold, has an artsy sound somehow, almost like a name for a particular piece or something.

TerryJ2

Awesome! Is it sewn or glued? How big are the pieces?
How much would the bustier be, for example?
Into the Fold is a great idea. :)
Wish I had more ideas ...
I've been told to get onto/into Etsy as well but haven't done it yet. Wasn't sure about the visibility. I would just use my own name, since that's how I sign my paintings. Let me know how it works for you! Congrats in advance. And congrats on beautiful, finely crafted work. If you're like I am, it helps to have that outlet to keep your sanity. :)

seriously

Um, it suddenly occurred to me this morning that this might be construed as an attempt to sell my work. That was not my intent and I'm pretty sure the mods would object to that so please just offer names.

Compliments are of course greeted with open arms :redface:

And I like that idea of Into the Fold. No one on Etsy has taken that name but there are some other similar names (only 3) that all have to do with wool. So that's a good candidate for sure.

TerryJ2 - I use a combination of archival quality adhesives. It's not sewn although there is a quilting technique that is similar I am not a quilter. The pieces are all small. The biggest I usually do is an overall size of 16 x 20 because it's hard to bridge a large opening with paper and keep it stable. Plus my studio is a corner of the family room and I just don't have the space to work on larger pieces. With a difficult child in the house it's also risky for me to leave partial projects out so I need to be able to put them away if I'm not able to finish them in one sitting. The most intricate pieces can take up to 40 hours to complete so this is a big issue.

Thanks so much for the suggestions and for the compliments.

Andy

I have been thinking of this today! I love the "Into the Fold" idea. I was trying to come up with something with the word "fold" in it. I was thinking "Top Fold" or "First Fold" or "Standing Fold". I think I like "Into the Fold" the best. :)

What an awesome and unique talent!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh Lord - i just realized I better elaborate - (since you don't know me) That was my suggestion for a name, NOT a verbal assault.

Does the winner get to pick something?

I do paperwork as well - I love creative folding.

Star*

call 911........call 911
en~Creasingly Valuable Art

Mind BENDING Collectables

F.O.L.D.
Frequently Outrageous Lavishly Different

BEN FOLDED?

1/2 and 1/2 again

Snippy Creations

Paper Master
(the Michaelangelo of the cut)

Pulp Fiction ..well it is paper. lol

Tree-nas Paper Fantasy (you don't have to be Trina - but paper comes from trees)

seriously

You guys are terrific. You inspired me to come up with a couple more. Tell me what you think

Enfolded - Fine Art from Paper

Finely Folded - Fine Paper Art

Enfolding Art

Folding Frenzy

Unfolding - Fine Paper Art

Fold That Thought

Folded Focus

Closely Folded

Hearth Fold

And for your amusement - not real entries - An Old Fart's Folds or Wrinkles for your Walls