getting a break from difficult child for a few weeks

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
:bigsmile::wine::cutie_pie::happyguy::bravo:
This is awesome news! You deserve the break and it should really help to lessen your stress load! Woo Hoo!!!! Doing the happy dance for you and sending some good juju vibes that this will work for your sis and your difficult child!

Hugs,
Vickie

You SO need this time to replenish your shattered soul.

How wonderful of your sister and brother in law to do this for you. Take real good care of yourself. Enjoy your time!

susiestar

Roll With It
It is wonderful that your sis and brother in law can give you this break. It really sounds needed. Take the time to rest and recharge, you have earned that!

Can you post the recipe for your orange juice smoothie in the Watercooler? It sounds wonderful!

Susie

4sumrzn

Girlfriend......I say, let's go party! I know exactly how you feel. My sis steps up to the plate a few times a year.....spring break next week being one of them:woohoo:and all I have to say about the sis....THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! I'll tell ya what, I was a nervous wreck the first go around.......but, after I actually could go pee by myself....sit for longer than 3 minutes....concentrate on driving.....enjoy my dogs being relaxed......easy child leaving his bedroom door open....have a conversation with husband before difficult child bedtime.....hug husband or easy child without a blow up.....I could go on & on....OH, a big one, actually talk on the phone (which I hate anyway, but have to do it every once in awhile & can't)....IT'S SO WORTH IT!!!

Take it, take it, take it. ENJOY the time to yourself! I'm better at it now & actually TRY to do things for myself when I get the break (before I walked around bored, wondering if she was behaving, did she get her medications, do they understand what she's trying to say, is anyone helping her in the potty, helping her brush her teeth....you get the idea). But, NOW........"see ya", "love ya",:byebye:. I trust my family with difficult child. Sometimes they experience a little of her, but normally she's in a "honeymoon period" the majority of the time & they don't get to experience what we do day to day. I think that's a wonderful break for difficult child, as well as the ones that experience it every day.

My only thing is that I have to babysit all week for spring break, just as you have school work to do. So, not a bunch of "me time"......just the break from the norm. I do find myself freaking every time the phone rings thinking it's my sis saying "come get her". Hopefully you will take this time to recharge, get some things done that you might not normally do & RELAX. I'm all for the FOOD PARTY...catch myself doing the same thing. Don't laugh too hard here......cookie dough, brownie mix, fried pickles, surf & turf, buffalo chicken fingers, raspberry yogurt shake-from Steak n Shake, Taco Bell, Spinach dip, Skyline dip.....STOP ME NOW!!!!!!!

Enjoy the time, you deserve it!!!!!!!!!

M

ML

You have an amazing source of love and support there. It sounds like you're a pretty amazing person yourself. This is wonderful news and I really hope you are able to take advantage of this break and make some progess in school, sleep, eat and did I say sleep?

Enjoy!