Getting Coupons

susiestar

Roll With It
I ran across a list of companies that send out coupons if you contact them. Actually, many if not most companies will, but the blogger who put the list together says that these companies give out high dollar value coupons, and some of them give coupons for free items and not just a certain amount off.

http://www.bargainblessings.com/contact-these-173-manufacturers-for/

The list is handy because it has the website right there so you don't have to hunt for it. I have had good luck in the past with asking for coupons from more than a few of these companies.

Here is what the blogger says about what to write in your email:

"Most of the time I just let them know that I like their product, sometimes I’ll give them a suggestion on how they could potentially improve their product, and other times I’ll ask if they are willing to send me a coupon so I can try/continue to use their product. If I have not tried their product before, I’ll let them know that I would like to. It doesn’t have to be anything long or fancy. Just keep it simple and do not forget to include your mailing information if you have an opportunity to do so."

The advice from one of her readers is even more helpful, in my opinion:

Bonus! Here are some great tips from reader Tiffany on what you should say when you contact the brands:
I used to do consumer relations for a big consumer goods company. Don’t write specifically asking for coupons. Write and tell them that you love their product, and give a personal story about why. Say how you tell all your friends about their product, and how much better it is than xxx (insert rival brand’s product). It’s not going to be a computer on the other end reading it, it’s a person, and if you write something bland and short you’re going to get a similar response. I don’t know how other companies are, but we had free reign to send what we wanted. If I thought the message was genuine, I’d send more. I did postal mail along with email, and the letters from kids were the best. I always tried to send extras for them.
Know your product though! Don’t write Tide and tell them how much you like them better than Gain, and then write Gain and tell them how much better they are than Tide. The same company makes both, and chances are the same person will be reading both emails.

susiestar

Roll With It
Not sure they are on the list, but if you call 20 Mule Team Borax and tell them you like their product for X reason, they send some great coupons. You can get coupons either every 3 mos or every 6 mos, I forget which.