GFGmom deserved an apology..and I promptly said "I'm Sorry"

DDD

She's a hair under fifty and this week was the first time I ever had to apologize to her. Actually I feel sorry for me, too. I included in a post last week that GFGmom had my car washed and filled with gas as "an early Mother's Day present". It was unexpected and much appreciated. I thanked her in person and then did a brief follow up thank you email.

In her email response she said I have earned a free floral bouquet which I plan to send you. I wrote back "you've really done more than enough already so spoil yourself, lol, you have already spoiled me". WELL
yesterday morning she sent an email about #2 and included in the last sentence "so how were the flowers?" YIKES! I looked by the front door and sure as heck there was a box of "once" beautiful flowers with a vase and a Mothers Day card. We never use our front door. It must have been delivered Friday. We live in Florida. Sigh! I salvaged four that still had "some" pedals on them.

Her beautiful surprise did not turn out as she had planned. Darn I am sorry that I didn't check. Really I forgot all about it and hoped she would enjoy them herself. Yes, I know she is a major difficult child who has caused endless grief for almost five decades BUT I could hear the disappointment in her voice even tho she said all the right words. What a shame! DDD

scent of cedar

Oh, this is a lovely story, DDD.

I'm sorry you did not get to enjoy those roses from your daughter. I think it might be worth calling the florist and explaining what happened ~ that the flowers were delivered to the wrong door and had been damaged by the heat by the time you found them. Something similar happened to me, once? And the company replaced the flowers for me.

What a wonderful, thoughtful thing for your daughter to have done!

Barbara

DDD - It was a very sweet gesture on her part and the thought was definitely there. That is what really counts, of course. I hope she wasn't too disappointed that you didn't get them until it was almost too late to salvage anything.

Kathy813

Staff member
Wow, DDD, so I only have to wait approximately 20 more years for my difficult child to do something thoughtful for me. I can't wait.

Seriously, that was very sweet of her. She seems like she is really trying to have a good relationship with you.

~Kathy

This very thing happened to my own Mother just last Thursday. I sent flowers and she didn't know they were there, also in FL.She found them 10 hours after they were delivered-ruined. The Fed Ex guy just dropped them off amd didn't ring the bell, also, they were at the front door, they don't use that door. I called and she was sent new ones on Friday. They should do the same for you. It's a beautiful gesture for your difficult child to do and I hope you get some new ones.

DDD

Thanks all. UAN I can't get over that the same thing happened for your Mom. I'm "thinking" of suggesting that she call them. on the other hand it might just lead to more drama and truthfully in this case "it IS the thought that counts". I'll have to mull it over. Yes, it was a lovely gesture and I "know" that she would love me to embrace her more enthusiastically than I can quite manage. Sigh! Truthfully I just can not let myself get too close to her. It honestly upsets me that she still can't grasp the principles of good parenting........although she recognizes that I have given my all for her and her siblings. It is such a complicated situation...sigh. DDD

mom_to_3

Yes, it was a lovely gesture and I "know" that she would love me to embrace her more enthusiastically than I can quite manage. Sigh! Truthfully I just can not let myself get too close to her.

I can really relate to what you are saying here. I've always lacked the correct wording to describe my feelings, so thank you for that!

Sorry you didn't get to enjoy your flowers. If it was a local company, at the very least they could have called and left you a message that there was a delivery.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh wow! How sweet of GFGMom. I'm sorry you didn't get to enjoy her surprise.

If it makes you feel better.............I think I *might* have done a major boo boo with easy child too. She took me to walmart today and tried to "surprise" me with a food processor. Well, now, our own sweet Step has offered me one she doesn't use..........and well, I didn't want easy child to waste her money and I certainly didn't want two of them..........so I told her and well.........it was akward for a few minutes. Didn't dawn on me until I read your post that I might have hurt her feelings. She hasn't acted like it, but then easy child would not do so generally. It's not like it was the only thing she'd get me for my birthday/mother's day.........she already ordered me presents which I think are grand.

DDD- You don't have to contact your difficult child at all, just call the florist, she'll never know.....of course they'll replace it.

DDD

Thanks, guys. I already shared with her yesterday or the day before that "an internet friend of mine" had the same experience, called, and got replacement flowers from an internet provider. I don't even recall the company name but I do know it was not local. It's not the end of the world. Sigh. I just wanted to make sure that she knew I felt badly for not "getting" that the flowers were ordered and on the way. She was pleased with my sentiments. DDD