***GG- how are things?***

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Just wondering how your husband is doing and how you are holding up.

Hugs,
Suz

goldenguru

Hi Suz - and thanks for asking.

We are OK. He's up and down. He is doing a good job getting to therapy twice a week. I think he is beginning to figure some things out. His therapist and psychiatrist are recommending that he not return to work.

That means we have put our house up for sale. In a housing market that is in the toilet really (we live in Michigan) We will see what happens.

My son has been home from college for about 3 weeks, so that has kept husband busy. He leave tomorrow and I go back to school/work next Monday. It will be interesting to see how things go then.

So, I am cautiously optimistic about his chances. I am terrified about our financial situation.

by the way- thanks for asking. :)

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Great news that your husband is cooperating with therapy. Big thumbs up for that.

I can certainly understand your terror about your finances. Every day I hear of another friend who is in crisis mode financially. I stopped opening retirement account statements 3 months ago because they gave me chest pains.

Does your husband qualify for long term disability or SSI or anything like that to help ease the situation? Would he be able to eventually work part time or from home to ease those stressors for him? Is his field condusive to that?

I don't envy you trying to sell your home...but homes are selling. Fingers crossed that the right buyer comes through in quick fashion.

Hugs,
Suz