Girl sues Abercrombie & Fitch

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Gotta hand it to her....

I hope she wins. And I hope others step forward and do the same. Somebody has to make the first move to change the obsession with youth and beauty.

by the way, was that pun of yours intentional? :tongue:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
About time someone took on the carp this place sells. If you have ever been in one of their stores it is loud and dimly lit. How would I know what I was buying? Not to mention heavily perfumed. I left in disgust. I had actually gone in to get a gift card for difficult child 1.

eekysign

About time someone took on the carp this place sells. If you have ever been in one of their stores it is loud and dimly lit. How would I know what I was buying? Not to mention heavily perfumed. I left in disgust. I had actually gone in to get a gift card for difficult child 1.

Haha - funny story! I just returned from helping Mom and Sis move about 1000lbs of new furniture into the house. My overnight bag ripped over the course of the weekend, so Mom gave me two of Sis's shopping bags to put my clothes in. Took them out to wash them last night - they ALL smelled like cologne!!! Teenage boy cologne!!! (blech!).

More related - haven't a few of these "image-conscious" teen companies had these stories over the years? I vaguely remember another lawsuit (or at least news story) about "ugly" employees being sentenced to the stockroom, too! I think that's what the article is mentioning....

Abbey

Spork Queen
Go, girl. I hope she kicks their face areses.

Stupid people never cease to amaze me. The irony of it all is 'someone' is getting paid BIG bucks to make/enforce these policies.

Abbey

TerryJ2

I've never liked that store or its image to begin with.

Funny that she's a law student. They had no idea who they were messing with!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OOOH, I also hope she wins.

That place has begged me to work for them. As if! I have better things to do with my perfect body, maybe Victoria's Secret?

Yes I am kidding, totally! I have never been in that store.
It scares me just walking by, with those black shutters and then that HUGE pictures of the pre-pubescent looking man/boy half naked staring at you.

KTMom91

I've boycotted Abercrombie for years because of their hiring policies. And I insisted Miss KT do so as well. I don't agree with hiring only blonde, blue eyed, and beautiful people to run your salesfloor; I believe in hiring people with great personalities. Following a dress code is something you can instruct someone on; being pleasant, helpful, and actually liking to talk to people...not so much.

I hope she kicks some A&F bootie!

flutterby

Fly away!
Good old Les Wexner. The Limited Corp (Limited, Victoria's Secret, Bath & Body Works, Abercrombie) is headquartered here. They work their staff to burn out.

Abercrombie clothes are made in Lima, Peru. So, when my sister in law goes home to visit she buys Abercrombie clothes for less than $10 an item.

I hope this girl sticks it to them. Their policies are terrible.

donna723

I hope she wins!

My son has bought some things in there but he can usually find the same items somewhere else a lot cheaper. I, personally, can't stand to go in there. Why do they insist on having it so heavily perfumed that you can smell the store from the other end of the mall! I went in once and had to leave. The smell was so strong that after a few minutes my eyes were burning and my sinuses were aching! I literally could not breathe in there and I had to leave!

susiestar

Roll With It
A few years back they were in major trouble around here. Kids in our local school district were not allowed to wear ANYTHING that had their name on it. If kids came in then they were given sweats to wear and their parents had to come get the clothes from the principal.

Why???

Because they sent out an advertisement, more like a catalog, for the holiday season. It had guys with the fronts of the jeans undone til the pubic hair showed and nothing else on. They had girls with super low waistbands and no shirts - just their arms covering their assets. It was NOT just sent to people who opted in on a website. They blanketed our town.

The council of sororities even boycotted them. It wasn't just due to the catalog, but also to hiring practices and how they treated staff, and even how customers are treated.

I hate the store. It smells bad, gives me migraines to walk PAST, can't imagine how bad it would be inside!

I hoep this girl wins enough to finance her entire college education and set her up in a practice somewhere.

Jessie won't even wear something from the thrift store that has the A&F tag on it!