Girl With The Dragon Tatoo

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm nearly finished. I almost gave up on this book. The first third of the story was very slow going for me, but dang if it didn't turn out to be a page turner afterall! My GI doctor told me today that she had the same problem with the story when she first read it -- so I'm glad to know it's not just me. And those Swedish names? Fuggeddaboudit. I have some kind of mental block when it comes to that many consonants run together in one word. :tongue:

I picked up the next one in the series, The Girl Who Played With Fire... or something like that...

There was recently a PBS show about the author Steig Larsson... who is dead by the way. And SUPPOSEDLY his live-in girlfriend of umpteen years (who is on the outs with his family because he left no Will and the offer the made her was kinda insulting) kept his laptop, which SUPPOSEDLY has the makings of a fourth novel... supposedly.

muttmeister

I just finished the last one (The Girl Who Kicket the Hornet's Nest) tonight. They were all pretty good; I'd read a fourth one if that is really true.

susiestar

Roll With It
I haven't gotten to this one yet. Thanks for the review. I have heard that the movie does not make book fans happy. There was a story about it, and the whole thing with the girlfriend, the laptop, etc... on one of the 60 minute or 20/20 type shows.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm with you about the first 3rd of the book. I almost put it down several times but kept plugging away because so many recommended it. I'm very glad I stuck with it!! It really was a page turner.

husband and I just saw the movie Saturday. On its own it was a good movie, however, it varies from the book which was, of course, so much better.

LittleDudesMom

I downloaded the first book to my Nook about 2 weeks ago because so many people had good things to say about the series. Haven't gotten to it yet, but after hearing you all, I'm not enthusiastic about getting to it. Everything I heard through the media talked about what a page-turner it was!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have it on my Kindle but I am in the final third of "Fragile". It is a page turner. I have to force myself to put it down to do something more productive.

Star*

call 911........call 911
That's kinda like the one I just finished -

Stop dressing your six year old like a Skank. (available for free with a SASE)

svengandhi

I could not get past the 3rd chapter of this book. I returned it to the library and the librarian said people either love it or hate it.