Gloomiest day of the year?

Anaheimfan

Blue Collar Boy
How gloomy are you feeling?

Today is officially recognised as the Gloomiest Day of the Year.
According to psychologist and depression expert Cliff Arnall, the reason we’re all feeling so miserable is down to a combination of six factors which come together to zap us of energy and leave us feeling down in the dumps.
Arnall claims these include gloomy weather, low levels of motivation, Christmas debt, broken New Year’s resolutions, a sense of monotony and a “desperate feeling that you need to take action to improve your drab existence”.
But are we all really so likely to feel miserable today? Are you feeling at your gloomiest or do you have reasons to be cheerful? And if you’re actually feeling quite perky, what’s the secret?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Not feeling gloomy. Although I'm not exactly doing handsprings either. lol

But I do have issues with it in the winter if I don't watch myself.

A few things that help....take a walk. Sunlight thru clouds is still sunlight and it helps to lift the mood. Yams. They have something in them that lifts depression. Can't recall what it is, but it does work.

KTMom91

I'm not exactly perky...they let me out of the ER, I don't hurt too badly, doctor's office is working on the referral; but I'm nowhere near gloomy. mother in law made me some quesadillas because I didn't eat yesterday (I'm addicted to that homemade dough), Hubby has been very helpful around the house and has not been a poop (which sometimes happens), it's a beautiful day, close to 70 degrees, and I'm heading into the kitchen to make Hubby some Top Hats.

trinityroyal

I'm feeling pretty perky. Actually, downright ebullient.
Not really sure why, but I'm going to run with it.

Let's see...
- didn't make any New Year's resolutions
- kept Christmas very low-key because of last year's dire finances
- I can see the days getting longer every morning
- my new job is challenging to the point of scaring me silly. No monotony there.

I guess that's it.