GO BEARS!!!

Sara PA

I can't believe there's no thread yet today.

Was reminded by the newspaper this morning that the son of one of my good friends from my teen years (we've pretty much lost touch after high school despite her youngest and my son going to school together for a couple of years) is with the Bears. Just one more reason to root for Da Bears.

Fran

Former desparate mom
:bravo: Sara, it's so nice to see you post about something off topic of seizures and medications.
I'll root for the Bears just because you posted. (I'm just teasing you a little) :smile:

Sara PA

:frown: But I shouldn't have done it. I don't know what I was thinking. I just jinxed the Bears.

My team never wins. :tears:

jamrobmic

Yep, the Colts are notorious for choking in the big moment. The Bears definitely aren't out of it yet. I have to root for the Colts, due to geography, but I can't claim to be a die hard fan. However, rooting for the Bears could be hazardous to my health if I leave the house. husband is, however, rooting for the Bears, because he's gfgish that way :smile:.

DammitJanet

Well we are splitting the house this year...again! This always happens here. husband and I are taking the Colts and Cory is taking the Bears.

I am a huge football fan so this is my day. Oddly enough the baby loves football too. I am worried about what she will watch on tv now that football is ending. I hope she likes nascar...LMAO.

Martie

I just signed on to START the DA BEARS post. Guess I'm too late for that -- but I'll show my colors.

<font color="blue">GO BEARS! </font> <font color="orange">GO BEARS! </font> <font color="blue">GO BEARS! </font>

<font color="blue">GO BEARS! </font> <font color="orange">GO BEARS! </font> <font color="blue">GO BEARS! </font>

Martie

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, as they say in the south, I don't have a dog in this hunt.

However, I always like to root for the underdog and since, according to SI.com, all the experts are picking the Colts to win, let me add. . .

<font color="blue"> Go Bears!!!! </font>

~Kathy

donna723

I'm one of those who only watches one football game a year, the Super Bowl, and then it's just to see the commercials. I actually do watch the game because if my attention wanders for a few minutes, I might miss one of the commercials! :grin:

Around here Peyton Manning is the big attention-getter because of the Tennessee connection. I always get a honk out of watching Peyton Manning though because he is an absolute "ringer" for my son! And I mean ABSOLUTE! People have been telling my son since high school that he looks exactly like Peyton Manning, and he does! My son is a little younger but they are just about the same size, same build, exact same hair color, but it's the facial resemblance that is so astonishing, especially from the side! Only difference is that my sons hair is cut a little shorter ... other than that, he could be his twin brother :laugh: :laugh:! We haven't gone to any football games, but we've been to Major League baseball games before where he gets LOTS of second looks from people who are thinking that Peyton Manning dropped by the stadium to watch the game! A few were even following him! During warm-ups, even some of the players were looking at him and pointing!

Come tomorrow, I probably won't even be able to tell you who won, but I will remember ALL the commercials! :grin:

dreamer

well my house is abuzz cuz my husband is a HUGE Bears fan and it is also his birthday, today-----Man I remember how excited he was last time Bears were there..whew.
I am NOT a football person and got excited thinking the laundrymat might be empty today so I could do our laundry in peace----- alas- they are sure gonna be peaceful, they are CLOSED for super bowl. :-(
My son has moevd the videogame unit from liv room so he can play and not bother dad, and easy child is on her way to work...LOL- noone wants to "bother" dad during his thing. I am frying bacon cuz thats his fav superbowl treat but I think I will stand in kitchen and sorta toss it in his direction, that way I won't accidentally block the view to the tv.
GO BEARS!
I do not want to think how it might be if Bears lose? &lt;sigh&gt; LOL.
GO BEARS!!!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!
The girls are in their bear wear....husband has his Chicago attitude going...lots of nerves!!! We have a couple of friends form Chitown that live here also so it will be fun!!!
husband wants to know "really who is honestly a Colts fan" ha ha

We have relatives in Indy and we are having a little battle going on....

GO BEARS

Martie

I posted here last night but the board was being gfgish for me

Anyway--as husband reminded me, it's only a game.

<font color="blue"> SOB!!!! </font> <font color="orange"> SOB!!!! </font> <font color="blue"> SOB!!!! </font>

:tears: :tears: :tears:

Martie