godmom - need support

i am the godparent of a fantastic 5 yr old who is demonstrating extreme behavior problems. i have looked around A LOT on the internet for information and have been surprsed at all the similar stories and experiances. we need help for this child and i will take any advice i can get but i desperatly need to find some support for the mom. any advice. she lives in colorado and if i could find a local support group that would be GREAT. pls help, she's a great mom but she needs support !!!!

SRL

If she's in need of a local support group, you might try calling the school district or county mental health department. They should be able to direct you. Many moms find online support easier when dealing with the demands of difficult little ones as they can remain at home and hook up with other parents any time of day or night.

We highly recommend the book "The Explosive Child" by Ross Greene. There's a thread at the top of this board you might print off for her if she's open to that, although often parents do take offense if they haven't asked for help.

Has the child been evaluated?