Going North

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Whoops. Nope...that was my soon to be husband...nearly 25 years ago, and my (to this day) ONLY husband.

He died of a rare blood disease what will be six years ago in July. Sorry for the confusion: I usually refer to him as L(late)husband, but didn't this time.

I'm 48 in July and now used to living on my own. husband's can be wonderful and certainly LDH and I had a very happy marriage that ended too soon, but husband's and marriages are also a LOT of work and I don't feel like I have the energy to start over at my age.

LOL about the orderly from the hospital. I keep running into him at WalMart and he refuses to meet my eyes. Can't blame him...what do you SAY to someone whose butt you wiped?

susiestar

Roll With It
North,

I had the same ????. I agree that husband's can be a lot of work. I am glad you are doing well. And as for what to say to someone who's tushie you wiped, I have NO idea.

Hugs,

susie

Abbey

Spork Queen
:rofl::rofl:

I'm such a literal person. Suz, I thought you were GOING NORTH, like for a vacation, or something.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
It's called a poodle. (anyone else for the corner?)

Going North - I saw that too and thought -

HUH - she's GETTING married and we never got to throw you a cyber shower????

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Ladies, ladies-
you exhausted that joke on the other thread- :916blusher: Enough already!

everyone scatter to your respective corners...

XXX
MamaSuz

busywend

MamaSuz, you are out of corners, my friend!! LOL!

Going North - I read that too and searched for the post that I missed about you getting engaged or having a new sweetie.

It is a lot of work, isn't it!

Glad you are well.

6 years already?!?!?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Busywend, yeah...keeping a good relationship going takes a huge amt of work. I'm not sure if it is because I'm both on the spectrum and bipolar, or what (and hence spend a lot of time in therapy), but I've always been aware of the work required.

I KNOW how lucky I was to hook up with husband though I do wish sometimes that I could've been a "better" wife to him. Living with and loving me could not have been easy.

Yeah...it'll be six years coming up. LDH died the day before my birthday and his memorial service was on what would've been our 20th wedding anniversary.

We had 25 good years together--the relationship no one thought would work. And, if I had it to do over again...well, there's some things knowing what I know now, that I would've changed, I would've still done it all again...right to the bitter end.

I promise that if I "hook up" again, you'll be the first to know...right after I figure it out.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I promise that if I "hook up" again, you'll be the first to know...right after I figure it out.

Well I certainly hope so. :)

We grieved with you, we agonized over whether or not you should meet that guy in the UK with you, we worried about your move and we've hoped for the best for you all these years.

And I'm such a dang diehard romantic that I want a few of us to find true love again...and I hope you and I are two of them!

Suz

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Well, the guy in the UK has remarried and is very happy. I still hear from him regularly (his wife is fine with it, especially as I helped out with some ideas for the wedding service and stuff).

He's an avid "twitcher" (birdwatcher) so has to tell me about his sightings and the like.

I take life as it comes. If a new relationship comes down the pike I wouldn't say I'd be necessarily adverse, but I surely would be careful.

It's a huge step, and at my age too many women are willing to "settle", which I won't do--it's not fair to anyone involved.

I don't "need" anyone to help out financially or anything like that.