Going on a cruise with easy child

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yippee, yahoo, yeah!

easy child won (I use that term loosely) three vacations...well, sorta. She had to pay a flat sum and then in return gets 3 vacations. Each vacation can be used separately or two together with the condition that she sit through a 90-minute seminar about how great the time share at a specific resort or hotel is. Well, she went for it. And invited ME!!

We are headed to Ft Lauderdale mid-November. We will spend one night in a nice hotel, and then go on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas and then return to Ft Lauderdale for another night and then head home. I bought the plane tickets (on my new credit card - bad!).

The cruise boat is not a HUGE one, but it holds roughly 1200 people and has most of the same amenities: Pool, spa, jacuzzis, bars, dance clubs, shows, etc. Since easy child bowed out of our family cruise vacation last year (and chose instead to host an illegal party in our house that resulted in community service for underage drinking-lol) this will be her introduction to cruising.

I can't wait. I know we will have fun. I'm already planning the mother/daughter massage and saving every penny so we can have fun and not have to pinch pennies too much!! All meals are included - up to eight a day plus room service. Only alcohol and souvenirs are extra. How cool is that? I went to cruisemates.com and read some reviews - very unbiased - and most were positive, so I'm pleased. I think that no matter what, it will be fun hanging together.

Wow, how is that for a solution of my missing easy child so badly it makes me weep into H's t-hirt? I am thrilled. Anyone familiar with Imperial Majesty Cruise Lines our of Fort Lauderdale?

>< Fingers crossed for good things.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
How exciting! maybe this can give you a break from reality and fresh new start towards the new year!!! You deserve arelaxing FUN getaway. How sweet of easy child!!!

:bravo:

TerryJ2

OMG, she's a double/triple easy child because she sat through the TimeShare lecture!!!!

by the way, if it's like the TimeShare stuff we do, do NOT pick up the free gift at the front desk or on the cruise. It is their "key" to call you 18-kazillion times and try to get you to go to a really icky pancake breakfast so they can try to sell you a TimeShare.
We have tried picking up the gift and telling them, "no phonecalls," but it doesn't work. (They start at 7 a.m.) So we figured out it must be a way of counting attendance.

Just wanted your trip to be as peaceful as possible. :smile:

busywend

There are other tricks with that 'free gift' too.

boyfriend and I sat through one and they took a picture of us. Told us we could pick it up at the end of the tour. Well, we could not even see it until we gave them 10 names and phone#s of people we know so they could call them to buy a timeshare. LOL! We were sure it was THE BEST picture of us ever taken, but alas we will never know because we refused to give the names!

I am so happy for you to be getting away with your easy child - AND - it is done in a way that difficult child can not be mad or jealous of your actions!!
:thumb:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
H and I did a time share mini vaca up in Boston and another one in Newport RI - both were fine. We did the tour and that was boring, but we got a free dinner at an upscale restaurant in Little Italy up in Boston, a boat ride, and free passes for a tour of Boston. And in Newport, we got a bay cruise, a really nice dinner, and nice stay at a hotel. Both were fine and we declined both timeshare offers without any trouble.

I hope this place isn't high pressure.

Nancy

My easy child went on a cruise to the Bahamas, Jamaica and Haiti last summer with her cousin and family. They had a blast. It was the Royal Caribbean Cruise but I'm sure many of the same amenities apply.

I hope you have a great time. That's a nice time of year to be going.

Nancy

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:bravo:

Jo,

Enjoy your cruise with easy child! I'm so happy for you; please forgive the green with envy look upon my face. :smile:

Pictures - we'll want pictures. I'll be living vicarously (sp?) through you. :rofl:

in my humble opinion, the cruise is just what you need right about now. It is so nice that easy child asked you to join her. Someday, I would love to be able to do something similar with my easy child.

ENJOY!!! WFEN

OpenWindow

I love cruises! I wanna go!

I've never been to a timeshare deal but my sister in law did and fell for their sales pitch. She got a timeshare in FL with her husband and for 5 years they never used it. Then they divorced and her ex got stuck with the bill for the timeshare, luckily for her. My motto is if they make you decide on the spot, don't.

Have fun and enjoy your time with easy child!

Linda

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
easy child called me yesterday and started crying. I've known for a while that she's not happy at her extern in VA. She loves VA, just not the place where she's been externing. Hates. It. She also misses home, school, her regular routine. She's been gone over a year really. She left for college last October 1st and immediately following her Freshman year she went to extern in late June, so she's due for a bit of down time for sure. She's so stressed out that her psoriasis and ecxzema is coming back again - poor thing. I tried to perk her up and reminded her that in 2 weeks she will be home again for a month, so just count the days off and before she knows it, she and H will be on their way home (My H is flying down to VA to drive back with easy child).

I think this little cruise getaway will be the most
'chill' vacation ever. Haha = I am tempted to just sit poolside the entire time drinking tropical beverages! easy child said she's looking forward to not having the do anything but sunbathe and relax. That's my girl. I'm so excited for this time with her alone.

jbrain

I am so happy for you, Jo! Hope you have a wonderful time and it is so fun to have something to look forward to.

My husband and I went to one of those timeshare lecture things in Aruba while on our honeymoon. They were pretty hardsell but I told the guy the only reason we were there was for the free dinners they were giving away and we had no intention of buying. I guess I convinced him cause he let us go after that while others were still there for hours I guess trying to be "nice". Don't be afraid to tell them you are only there for the freebies.

Take care,
Jane