Going to the zoo zoo zoo....how about TeDo too???

buddy

Get to go meet TeDo and her boys today at the zoo! It is a nice day here, glad she called to say she will be in town. Q is with his Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker and we will meet there half way through his time so I get a couple of hours just to visit. Yipee.

Thanks Raffe for the song I wrecked (do kids still listen to him?)

Malika

We still listen to Raffi! (Some tapes passed down from my brother)
Have a lovely day at the zoo, zoo, zoo, Buddy and TeDo and your boys!

buddy

I wish you could come with J too Malika! That would be so fun....and I bet our little free zoo would never be the same with our four difficult child's running around!

buddy

So great! Timer Lady joined us and she was so wonderful, even when q got revved up it is so nice to be with people who just say, yeah, I get it....

and he was pretty good I have to say. Transition moments, but overall??? he did really well. His long time Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker brought him and was with us most o f the time which allowed m e to just be able to visit, wow was that nice. then, turned out Timer Lady recognized him from the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) KT went to. He now works in a different program for homeless kids. But he told her he did know her. Small world. I didn't realize she and I lived that close, for some r eason I thought she w as in northern MN.....pretty cool. Her dog got Q through our leaving transition easier too. Thanks for that TL!

TeDo was her sweet self as usual. She too just gets it. Our boys do pretty well together (though I dont have the report for how difficult child 1 and Q did when th ey went to s ee t he Tigers by themselves....they came back p retty happy but Q was revved up. they went to see the monkeys too, if Q bugged difficult child 1, you'd never know it, he held it together really well. I told some friends that TeDo has one son for me to play with and one for Q (difficult child 2 and I h ave a similar sense o f h umor and h e says we both like to talk!....he has that classic kind of ability to talk to adults thing going on for him, smile). They are such a great family.

Really hope their school dance went well after the zoo. Sounds like it would be so fun. Thanks for the call TD, and for arranging our play date, LOL.

T

TeDo

It was WONDERFUL!! I was so glad to also be able to meet Timer Lady FINALLY!! Too bad our time together was only a couple hours but hey, we made the best of it!!

difficult child 1 is great with kids that struggle worse than he does. He saw the pushing, pinching, and kicking and did his best to distract Q so he'd leave Buddy alone. I have to say, I was very impressed with how my boys were able to ignore the swearing and disrespectful talk and not feed into it or try to correct it (difficult child 2 is FAMOUS for that). Overall, it was wonderful.

Next time, we'll have to make it longer.....and yeah....we can invite some of the rest of you......if we have to. LOL We'd actually LOVE to have all of you join us. TerryJ2, when are you coming this way again????

T

TeDo

Nope, he knew she wouldn't be there. Her mom doesn't think a kid should be allowed to go to ANY dance until they are 14 (which she will be in 28 days). They did meet all their teachers (I did too) and one other classmate. difficult child 2 met a couple kids from his math class that are a grade below him. They both had fun and I got lots of compliments from all their teachers. They liked them even better in person. LOL

buddy

Nope, he knew she wouldn't be there. Her mom doesn't think a kid should be allowed to go to ANY dance until they are 14 (which she will be in 28 days). They did meet all their teachers (I did too) and one other classmate. difficult child 2 met a couple kids from his math class that are a grade below him. They both had fun and I got lots of compliments from all their teachers. They liked them even better in person. LOL

Of course they did! your boys were very mature and good friends to us today. You should be very proud of them (and yourself for how you have taught them) please give them a hug (well give difficult child 1 the secret handshake)

busywend

How fun! It is always nice to hear about a gathering of members, even more fun to be the ones gathering! LOL! Glad TL got out to the zoo with you! I met her in Cleveland,,,,,she is great!