Gone Again!!!

InsaneCdn

Install the first one on the OUTSIDE. When she's not there.
That will only work once, but... it should work ONCE.

Motion detector alarm?

Hmmm... still thinking.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Install the first one on the OUTSIDE. When she's not there.
That will only work once, but... it should work ONCE.

Motion detector alarm?

Hmmm... still thinking.

The alarm system has motion detectors. We just have to pay to activate it. $40 per month. It will cover the front door...

so then she will start using the windows...and if we want to cough up the $$, those can be wired into the system.

Honestly, it's expensive, but probably the most "foolproof" way to go.

Mama Raygun

I like the punishment!!! I definately think kids are more upset to have things taken away than be grounded. I myself was a horrible teen, I used to sneak out or just not come home at night. The best thing would be some security system that beeps when a door or window opens. When I was an unruley teen we had a beagle dog and everytime I would sneak in quietly this dog would start barking, whining this ear piercing sound and wake my parents up! He was NOT my favorite pet!!! :)

H

HaoZi

If you have a fenced yard, I've heard one of the best alarm/guard systems is a goose. Or if you just want an alarm, a guinea hen. No sneaking past them and they make a lot of noise when they get spooked.

TerryJ2

Arrgh! I am so sorry.
Did you sell the musical items and put up the note?
Did she get home yet?
You've gotten some great ideas here.
I am so glad she's on the BC implant. One bit of good news, anyway.

B

Bunny

What did she say when she got home from school? Did she at least make up a good excuse?

tiredmommy

Just an FYI.... peacocks like to sit on shiny new vehicles and scratch the heck out of paint jobs. Be careful picking anything that will be a nuisance to your neighbors especially since you're renting.

P

PatriotsGirl

I haven't read all of the posts, just wanted to say that I had an alarm system on my house - every window, every door. She still found a way out. To this day, I have absolutely no idea how. It amazed me how many kids slip out at night and go "hang out"....I couldn't sleep soundly after that. I constantly wanted to go check her room and see if she was still there.

susiestar

Roll With It
My dad just nailed the windows shut. In case of fire they could easily be broken. When gfgbro pulled the nails, my dad used construction glue and told bro that if he messed witht hem then dad would "fix" every possession he owned for the next two years.

Bro never went out his room again, but he did go out the front door and in my bedroom windows. Of course he threatened to hurt me if I didn't open the windows to let him in. Since he couldn't open his own windows I lit his cigarettes in htere so his room REEKED and he got in huge trouble. I told him next time I would light his pot in the room and ask my dad what that stench was. Since at the time bro was still paying off having all of our clothes cleaned professionally because he made garlic "tea" and passed out and it burned and filled the entire house with the stench of burned garlic, well, he did NOT want to deal with any more problems because things got burned in the house.

I also set off an entire Sam's size can of Lysol in his room since he hates that scent, and would go in and wake him up at all hours as payback for waking me up to elt him back in after he snuck out to party.

I also filled his skoal cans with dish soap and/or ipecac.

InsaneCdn

Susie... my gfgbro just detached the whole window from the house so he could slide it out of place, then replace it after he got out. Nailed or glued or anything... Dad didn't figure it out until GFGbro left home and there was a rattle in that room that scared a guest...