Good article on Women and Money

busywend

Well, I certainly prove that aritcle needed to be written. Single mom, went to school while working full time, bought & sold houses twice, smaller than it should be but bigger than most retirement saved, and I have a credit score of 826! Proof positive women can handle finances just fine.

Interesting read, Fran.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Isn't it a shame that something like this is "news"...?

I can't believe that folks would be shocked to learn that women not only CAN run the house and the finances, but usually do.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yup, I manage all our finances. The only time I did not was when I was pregnant with my third child and my brain was foggy from trying to keep up with a preschooler and a toddler all day. That only lasted about 6 months. Now I handle everything from bill payment to retirement planning to tax planning. And I am ADMITTEDLY averse to financial risk -- I'm talking big risk where a lot of cash is at stake. I am the SAVER in our family. husband is the spender, though he's much less impulsive now about it. If we were both savers, husband probably could have taken early retirement by now and still had money to put the kids through college... and he's only 47. Oh well.