good books

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by crazymama30, Jun 30, 2008.

1. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

I have no classes this summer, and was wonder if anyone could reccomend any good books. I have not read the explosive child yet, so that is on my list, but any others? I was thinking more parenting type books.

2. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

The Out-of-Sync Child, Carol Stock Kranowitch
    Parent Power, John Rosemond
    Childhood, Bill Cosby
    The Dance of Anger, Harriet Lerner
    Queen Bees and Wannabees, Harriet Wiseman

3. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

I picked up a book called The Mother Daughter Project. I haven't gotten very far, yet.

4. Nomad

Nomad Guest

The Six Pillars of Self Esteem
    (will try to find the author later)

5. flutterbee

flutterbee Guest

Raising a Moody Child

6. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

I just finished The Betrayal by an author I had never heard of before. He also wrote
    The Summons and a bunch of others. My
    husband and I both found Betrayal hard to put down. I have grabbed a few best sellers to take on vacation, too. DDD

7. Christy

Christy New Member

I asume you are looking for parenting type books but be sure and read something fun as well! Janet Evanovich is always a great read.

8. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Nomad, The Six Pillars of Self Esteem is by Nathaniel Branden, a protege of Ayn Rand.
    Fun stuff.

9. crazymama30

crazymama30 Active Member

Thanks, I have been reading some fun books. Dean R Koontz, the Odd series. Very cool and creapy. I actually have the out of sync child, have not finished it. I will have to see if I can find it. I also have the elephant in the playroom, I will have to finish that one too. Now I remember I have all these books. Cool. I just ordered the explosive child, and one that someone posted about mothers dealing with their anger. Thanks for the sugestions.