Good-bye Summer!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Our household heads back to school tomorrow, and I honestly have to say this is the first year I haven't been eager for the kids to go! After so many years of feeling like a ringmaster in the crazy circus because of various physical and mental health issues in the family, we finally had a season of relative calm between the kids and it's really been nice. I wish we had more time to do things together. And I am NOT looking forward to stepping back into my role of homework supervisor, chauffeur, counselor, etc. Who knows, maybe this is the year we have less drama and more successes! One can always hope. :)

So here's my salute to summer, with a little prayer for this school year to be better than the last for ALL of us!

Wiped Out

Staff member
So glad your summer was such a great one!! Hopefully the coming school year will be as successful!

Andy

I love that song. This Summer has been more summery to me than any I can remember. I don't know why since it was too cold for too long and then too hot for too long. Maybe now that the weather is just right it is coming to an end leaving me yearning for more.

Could also be that because of a "hobby" job last Summer I slept my weekends away and am making up for it this year?

Or, because tomorrow is also the start of a new school year for difficult child and we start full speed ahead with bowling practices tomorrow after school. That and I suspect he will pass his permit test so will be begging to drive whenever. Ahhhhh, I want my carefree Summer days to continue..........

I hope you have a great school year!