Good Christmas Eve morning friends

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning fellow :warrior: mums & dads,

I hope all your gifts are wrapped & cookies baked so you can enjoy the day today.

We are planning a family movie day as kt is really suffering from a horrific chest cold. husband is running out to get a vaporizer for her this morning. kt has selected a few movies to watch & I've selected a couple of board games to play.

Other than a couple of small gifts everything is wrapped & ready to go - it hasn't been a big Christmas here anyhow. :santa:

Meals are planned & I have a grocery delivery this morning. I expect the delivery will be late due to snow :blizzard: & the holiday - no biggie.

Enjoy your day. I hope it's calm & you find time for yourselves today. :bath:

smallworld

Good morning everyone!

Linda, A has had a bad cold all weekend, but I think she's finally beginning to mend. Hope kt feels better soon. I followed your lead and arranged for a grocery delivery this morning as well. I couldn't face the crowds at the grocery store this week.

Not much on the agenda today. J goes to day treatment. husband is planning to put in a few hours at the office (even though it's officially closed). A, M and I will hang out together. We may hit the yarn store if we feel like fighting the traffic. Both girls have taken up knitting in a big way.

Hope you have a fun-filled and meltdown-free day. Hi if you snuck in.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I'm sorry to hear kt has a bad cold. A movie day sounds like lots of fun! Enjoy!

SW-Sounds like a nice quiet day!

We ended up not going to my mom's yesterday due to weather conditions. Even though there wasn't much snow the wind was incredible and there was ice under the bit of snow. We ventured out only to the health club and the mall (both less than 2 miles from our house).

This morning we will head out to the health club :smile: (it's only open til noon). The rest of the day, why a nap :sleeping: , of course, and movies. Tonight we will go to Christmas Eve Mass and then come home to eat lasagna that I pre-made last night. sister in law, brother in law, and niece are coming over. easy child will make a cheese cake this morning for dessert for tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a peaceful day and that your difficult children are calm! :xmasdancers:

mum2JK&TH

Good Christmas even morning Linda, SW and Sharon :santa: and all to follow

Linda - Sorry to hear about kt. I am just getting over larygngitis and difficult child started with a fever last night. This morning he is very sniffly and we are just about to go and check his temp again.

SW - enjoy your day!

Sharon - The weather seems to have played havoc for so many in the last couple of weeks.

I work until 1:00 this afternoon, have a few things to wrap and tidy up the house and then it's of to the in-laws for Christmas eve festivites. The grandkids get to open their gifts from them tonight so they are pretty excited.

Have a wonderful Christmas eve day! Here's hoping all our difficult child's can get through today calmly. I always find today the hardest for difficult child.

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and that everyone has an enjoyable and calm day with all their families.

Our day tomorrow is my Mom will bring difficult child and her boyfriend to our house (they do not have a running car). We will open gifts and then head to mother in law for dinner. I have been saying prayers that everything is calm tomorrow for my family. I just want to enjoy the time with difficult child as we are still trying to heal wounds from the past two years.

happymomof2

:coffee: Good Morning all, hope you all have a wonderful day.

husband and I have to go to the bank they messed up our deposit Friday and I didn't find out until they closed Sat. We were planning on going Christmas shopping Sat. night but couldn't. :surprise:

So we have to get to the bank when they open, get all that straightened out and then go shopping. Not lots of money to spend this year so other than for the crowds we hope not to be gone too long. Just going to Wally World and we have one not too far from where we live.

Going to leave difficult child and easy child sleeping in. Praying difficult child behaves. If his sister doesn't bother, him heck he could sleep til 12 or 1.

Have to get Turkey ready and planning on pre-setting the oven to start at 12:30 just in case we aren't back by then.

We have a Christmas Eve dinner every year here at our house.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, meltdown free, Christmas Eve.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all,

difficult child also got a cold - it hit her late last night, just in time to travel to dad's! ugh. Hope everyone else's colds get better.

For those of you traveling, Godspeed, be safe!

Our office is closed today so I am taking this opportunity to do some clean up from all the crazy baking, kids making gingerbread houses and tossing much of the treats onto the floor! Whatever the dogs didn't snorkel up I will vacuum.

I am wrapping the rest of the gifts today. I had to run out last minute to the mall last night and get H another gift, as easy child told me he spent a bit of money on me. We HAD decided we wouldn't do that because we have so much debt with college and the addition, ugh.

easy child and difficult child are on their way to LI NY right now to spend a few days with their dad and his family. H and I will be alone. I was grouchy and realized that I was disappointed my girls were leaving. I am ready today to take in a few days of peace and we'll celebrate when they get home for my birthday so it's all good. Think I will drag out all the holiday movies for later.

Happy Merry Christmas Eve everyone!

tiredmommy

Good morning! Good morning! Good morning! :xmasdancers:
Not much on tap today: some light duty tidying up, some food prep, a run to the local bakery and church this evening. Duckie asked if she could have melatonin tonight because she's a tad bit excited! :santa:

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: Happy Christmas Eve :xmasdancers:

I know I'm a little late this morning - slept in a little this morning!

A visit with friends early this afternoon, then dinner and gift exchange at exmil's house this evening. Fortunately, bonehead's honey has to work so I won't have to deal with that issue! The kids are excited and all is prepared!

Wishing everyone a calm, relaxing, and meaningful Christmas Eve.

Sharon :rudolph:

Fran

Former desparate mom
:rudolph:
Good Morning my friends. Hope you are all enjoying the day. I think I worked so hard the last week or so that I feel relatively relaxed today.
Dinner tonight is fish in the Italian/Catholic tradition. I made a cheese cake yesterday for dessert. It will be an easy meal.
The gifts are wrapped and the dishwasher is empty. In laws are happy and relaxed. The son's are still sleeping. :xgift: husband is out at the butcher for the annual "hunk of meat". LOL.

It's a gorgeous clear blue sky type of day. Relatively balmy for this time of year but quite pleasant.

I miss my siblings but I always get mushy,sentimental this time of year. :santa: It will pass.

difficult child is trying hard to fit in and be appropriately social but I can see the struggle in his eyes. He either doesn't understand or isn't interested. It's tough to watch the struggle. I'm happy he is trying.

easy child is easy child. :xmasdancers: Happy to have completed the first semester, anxious to get on with his life. It's all good when you are 18.

Hope your day is productive and has laughter in it. :snowman:

sadlady

Good day to you all. My day is NOT a good day. difficult child has made sure of that. Right now I hate life. I don't want to exist anymore. I am so tired of this life. I am so alone with the exception of all my cyber friends. I feel like taking some sleeping pills and forgetting about this holiday and everything else. It can't get any worse than this.

tiredmommy

Sadlady,
The holidays are a difficult time for most of us. You seem to be struggling excessively so. Please consider calling a crisis hot line right now so that you can receive some reassurance from a live person. A bulletin board cannot take the place of a human voice at times like this.

SRL

Sadlady,

I know this is a very difficult time but I agree with Tiredmommy that it's time to make a call to your local crisis hotline. I grew up with a single mom who had the pressure of raising three kids alone (one a difficult child), financial struggles, and depression. Every year the holidays were when the worst hit and it made the holidays worse than it seemed for everyone around us. Please do pick up that phone and call to get some local support.

SRL

smallworld

Sadlady,

I'm so sorry you are feeling this way. Here are some toll-free crisis hotline numbers to call:

1-800-784-2433
1-800-273-8255

Please pick up the phone and make that call now. We care about you and want you to get help.