Good christmas eve morning!

lizzie09

lizzie
Good Christmas Eve morning to all of you from Ireland.!!!!

The weather is quite mild here and all looks peaceful for the lead up to christmas day.

Hope everyone is doing ok out there and not too stressed with all the different situations

May you all have a quiet and enjoyable holiday

Thank you for all your support on this board

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Lizzie, happy Christmas Eve morning.
Hope your elves are busy working hard for a lovely holiday.

Marguerite

G'day, Lizzie. You've made it early today!

Fran, I hope difficult child copes with the change in routine at Christmas.

It's just after midday Christmas Eve here, I've cooked a pot of Greek-style octopus, I still need to make biscotti and tzaziki. We're doing kangaroo satay for dinner tonight - anything goes! I was hoping to make chocolate pots, I might need to leave them until New Year. I think we'll have enough food tomorrow. Meanwhile my niece is getting set to ice her grandmother's traditional Scottish Christmas cake, and there is the family Scottish/Irish pudding for tomorrow. I just popped in down there with the bottle of brandy.

While walking back, a neighbour of mother in law's, the wife of our artist friend (she's also an artist) gave me a lift back up the hill. I grabbed the opportunity to ask about my favourite dog in the town - their golden retriever - to find he's NOT died, he's just hiding in his kennel on the cooler days. I suspect the fluffy dog of their daughter's friend probably also has something to do with the old dog staying in his kennel.

I need to drop in on difficult child 3's godmother; we're having drinks on her balcony tonight, I promised to lend her some of my special ice cube trays. I'm running out of time here.

I'm a bit horrified by the octopus - I'd forgotten how much it stinks out the house. We need to keep someone in the house so we can keep all the doors and windows open, to let the place air. I've also got some biscuits to bake, I will be busy this afternoon.

A good thing it's a cloudy, cool day and not fit for a beach visit. Maybe tomorrow. More likely Boxing Day, we'll get to the beach. Today is the coolest day of the week, weather-wise. It's only 22 C (77 F).

We're aiming for an early dinner tonight, then drinks on the friend's balcony overlooking the bay, then once it's fully dark we'll drive around the village looking at the Christmas lights. There may be a group of carollers doing the rounds - nobody asked me this year, so it's probably nobody I especially want to sing with anyway. I think everyone's just too busy. A lot of our local traditions do change over time.

Then tomorrow morning, we go to church. The cousins go to the Catholic church, we go to our inter-denominational one on the beach where difficult child 1 was married so recently. The cousins are going to walk over to our church once their service is over, then we'll all go home together to unwrap gifts. We always wait until after church on Christmas Day, before we open gifts. We take turns and wait while each gift is unwrapped. Meanwhile we have snacks (fruit, biscuits, cheese). Lunch is always late but by then we're not so hungry anyway.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve!

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Happy Christmas Eve Marg and Lizzie! Happy Almost-Christmas-Eve Fran!

We driving 2 hours to sister in law#3's tomorrow for a 4pm children's mass (1/2 the family is Catholic, 1/2 is non-denominational) with husband's family, then going back to her house for dinner, gift exchange, and a suprise party for her daughter who just received her acceptance letter to law school (she's finishing undergrad school in just 3 years with honors).

Christmas Day we stay home and one of my uncles and his family, my mother, and possibly my brother and his fiance will stop by for a bite to eat and gifts. My dad is too ill to travel still.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Andy

How cool to hear from Ireland at the beginning of Christmas Eve. Reminds me of the year 2000 t.v. special covering major towns in the world ring in the New Year. It was like watching the year 2000 coming closer and closer. Now I get to watch Christmas Eve Day come closer and closer. Cool to know the day is well begun for someone else when mine starts.

Thank you Lizzie! Glad yours started as a peaceful day.

Fran - Have a great Christmas Eve Day when it is your turn.

Marge - Happy Christmas Eve Day - How cool to greet you in the middle of your day! You sound busier mid-day then you do at days end. LOL. I know you will reach all your goals and have a great day today.

GCVmom - Good Christmas Eve eve. Sounds like you are facing a very fun celebration. Enjoy your family.

I plan on sleeping in Christmas Eve morning, deep cleaning the living room to set up the coffee table full of snacks for Christmas Eve night. We will open gifts after church (4:00 service) and snack for supper. Probably find a movie to watch. Christmas morning is reserved for Santa gifts.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Wishing you all a Happy Christmas Eve or early Christmas Eve!!!
Thank you for the well wishes

KTMom91

Andy, I was thinking about that New Year's, too.

Lizzie, thank you for the well-wishes; hope your Christmas Eve was wonderful!

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers:

Good Christmas Eve, Happy Hanukkah, or just plain good Wednesday Morning!!!!

I would imagine it is Chrstimas Eve evening in Ireland and Lizzie and her family are tucked in :elf:!

I'm up at this awfully early hour because easy child is teaching a class and I promised to go!!! But seriously, I could use it after the last four days of family holiday eating! She and I will run to the office so I can cut the salaried checks (all hourly employees are off until the 5th) then a run to the pet store to get spot a new bed. The puppies at bonehead's kinda tore it up while we were gone.

We got back in town about 5 yesterday and went over to bonehead's for his families annual Christmas dinner. This was the first time since he moved out four and half years ago that he has had his entire family over. It was actually nice, although his family was not really nice to honey-wife. easy child and I were the only ones that really spoke to her. I got my first honey-wife hug as I was leaving. It was a tad akward, but I think it was really genuine on her part. Oh, Christmas and all.......... :christmaslights:

I'll be doing some food prep today for our "your choice pick up food" dinner after Christmas Eve service and for tomorrow's Christmas brunch. difficult child has requested cocktail meatballs for his choice tonight!

I wish everyone a restful and reflective day today - I hope you are not out at the malls!!!!!!!!!!!

Sharon

lizzie09

lizzie
Hello everyone!

Its funny to hear so many different accounts of how people spend this day!

Especially you Marg...I woiuld say its light years away from our experience here with Winter on board

We mostly spend this day doing last minute shopping and visiting before we start preparing food forthe big dinner tomorrow. There isnt as much emphasis on food today but gosh I am a bit hungry!!!

We can go to church Rc in our case either tonight or tomorrow and then relations Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) are expected to arrive

SRL

Good morning all! What different days we'll all have--I especially liked reading about the sleeping in because I woke up in the wee hours and made two batches of cookie dough for the kids to do up later and now I'm cutting out fabric for a last minute gift. I'm way behind this year and have no good explanation as to why. It always gets done though.

It will just be us tonight and I'm doing appetizers. Tomorrow we'll travel to nearby inlaws and I still need to cook for that later.

Marg, drinks on the balcony sounds...warm! We still have ice from an ice storm last week and now it's raining and it's supposed to freeze back up this afternoon.

tiredmommy

:forchristmas:Good morning everyone!

What busy, even frantic days we are all having! I have one last minute thing today: I write a yearly recap for Duckie and stick it in her card. It should be interesting this because she'll actually be able to read it on her own.:mistletoe:

I'll be making a simple ham dinner and my in-laws will be stopping by today. Then it's to church and back home to tuck my little in!:santa:

Have a wonderful day!:xmasdancers:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!:rudolph:

Wow-it's hard to believe Christmas Eve is here! Today I have some cleaning left to do. I also will have to be doing some shoveling (we're in the midst of yet another winter storm) and wrapping of presents.

Tonight we go to the 6:00 Christmas Eve children's mass (it's all difficult child can handle-even that is difficult for him) and then come home to lasagna for dinner (I already put it together last night-it just has to cook now) and Italian sausages. sister in law is probably coming with us depending on the weather.

Right now I'm just waiting for husband and difficult child to get home. Last night was difficult child's sleep study. It was sure a quiet night for easy child and me last night!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:christmasgift:

Happy Christmas Eve all!!! Sharon, wil also do food prep fpr snacks after Christas Eve services. We will leave home at 4:10 so i was goign to have dip crackers, nuts, egg nog to snack on. We will have latkes for lunch around 1. I went to the French bakery on Monday and got crossaints and pasties for breakfast. We have sparkling pear, apple, and grape juice do it will be a celebration!!!! Compassion

Jena

Good morning everyone Merry Almost Christmas!!!

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy, and safe holiday be careful on those roads for those who are traveling. Sheesh I sound like my Mom lol.

We're baking in a little while, made the dough too late last night lol. Than kids are off with their dad to have an early xmas dinner and celebration with his family than i'm off to my parents and they'll return their later.

Marg the drinks on the balcony sound nice. :)

Have a great holiday everyone, I can't say enough how great I think all of you are, and how helpful you have been to me this past year.