Good Christmas Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Merry Christmas to All,

I'm up early as difficult child is wide awake and has opened his stocking gifts (since they were little we've let them open their Christmas stocking gifts when they get up), now he is watching tv. He's been up since 4:00 and is very wound up. It's o.k. as I know eventually I will get my nap!

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas :xmasdancers:May it be a peaceful holiday with your families :rudolph:

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: :santa: :rudolph: :elf: :miseltoe: :xgift: :gingerbread: :xmasdec: :xmasdancers:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Good morning Sharon - the last two years my kids have stopped getting up so early.... it's kinda nice to have some "calm before the storm" Have a wonderful day today - hope the kids have a good time :forsanta:.

Getting the kids to bed was easier than I thought last night. True to tradition, easy child and difficult child had their Christmas Eve sleepover. Santa leaves their stockings outside their door and whoever gets up first grabs them and brings them to bed where they dump them out and check out their "loot" :elf:.

Bonehead will be stopping by here before he heads out for his 10 day trip :rolleyes: He'll be here around 8. My mother in law is coming for breakfast (a tradition I started six years ago when my father in law passed) Breakfast is basically done but to bake the biscuits, heat the egg dish, cook difficult child's bacon, and heat up the potatoes. Dining room table is set and ready to go.

We will leave here around 1 to head for my moms. Fingers crossed here that difficult child can sit at the dining room table for about an hour while my mom has her extremely formal meal.

Wishing everyone peace and joy :angel:

Sharon

K

Kjs

Merry Christmas to all

easy child worked last night and didn't get home until very late.

difficult child, husband and I watched "the Christmas Story". It was really nice.

This morning, husband and I were up early. Santa came....
It is very beautiful. Still dark and the tree is lit up. No other lights on. Christmas gifts so pretty.

First time in a long time I feel so much peace today. husband and I together! I looked at the tree and gifts and cried. The past four years (when we lost our jobs) have been so very hard. Today, santa blessed us all.

I am cooking a nice meal for us, and it will be a peaceful day.

Thinking of all of you who have helped me (put up with me) through all my ups and downs.

Truely wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas.

happymomof2

:coffee: :coffee:
Need a double dose of coffee this a.m.
Was up til midnight. husband laid down in bed and I said oh your leaving all of it up to me. He said I'm not going to fall asleep. Yea right. He did. All the gifts were wrapped I just had to wait for the kids to go to sleep before taking it all out to the living room. And of course I finally chased them to bed around midnight.

Since they are getting older I think this will be the last year I am going to wait til they go to bed.

Leaving to go to sisters around 1:30 - the kids will want to leave sooner I am sure. She lives like 10 minutes away so it doesn't take long to get there.

Not sure I will be able to nap today but I dang sure will hit the hay early tonight!

Hope you all have a wonderful meltdown free Christmas Day!!

tiredmommy

Twas the night before Christmas :forsanta:
When all through the house
not a creature was stirring 'cept that little louse! :devil:
When what, at 2:21am, should I hear
But "Santa's been... Santa's been HERE!" :santa:
"What to do?" thought this weary mother
as she pulled close the covers. :bloodshot:
"Back to your room, not a peep!
What I want for Christmas is a good night's sleep!" :xgift:

Weary Christmas to all and to all a stiff drink... :xmasdancers:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Merry Christmas, Everyone-

The girls :cool-dog: let me sleep in until 7 this morning! So far I've made fruit salad for a later gathering, we've opened our gifts and are already settling in.

I am grateful for so much this year. :smile:

Hugs all around,
Suz

DavidWH

Goodmorning all...

Wow I hit the bed at 8.46pm last night I think the realization that this is the secnd year my Justin has not been home to see him all excited to open presents just got the best of me.. Last year he was in Juvi and now the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)..

I got up about 6.15am (after being up at 11pm, 1am, 3:10am, 4:05am and 5:15am) UGGGGG

But ya know I am OK and been reading sme great post and smiling allot at all you silly Moms..

I will go see my boy in about an hour at Residential Treatment Center (RTC) and just hang out at camp for about 4 hours...

I hope each one of you woke up and just watched the smiles on your kids face and it makes it all worth it..

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL

Hopeless

....Hopeful Now
Merry Christmas All! I was just getting on to read and post today, but my easy child just woke up. So, we are getting ready to let her open gifts.

My difficult child and her boyfriend will be dropped off at my house by my parents around 1:00 today to open their gifts and then to my mother in law for some food and company. Still saying my prayers for a calm, no meltdown day.

I was up most of the night with my stomach. Not sure if it was something I ate or just my nerves getting to me. Still not feeling too great this morning.

I will stop by later on tonight. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with your families.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A Very Merry Christmas to each of you.

kt opened one gift last night - the biggest. It's a video/gaming chair for her room. She loves it! The part she loves the most is "it's self calming mom - I can rock". That was the reason I bought it - she loves to calm by rocking & listening to music in her room of late.

She knows that the rest of the gifts are to be opened tomorrow with wm & she's doing remarkably well.

Surprised husband & I with breakfast (really awful oatmeal - but darned good coffee).

Enjoy your holiday. Hug your loved ones.

F

flutterbee

Merry Christmas Everyone!

:santa: :elf: :xgift: :xmasdancers: :xmasdec: :rudolph: :gingerbread:

difficult child was very sweet this morning. She woke up at 7am and didn't wake me until 8am. Love that maturity!

She is very happy with her presents and spent a lot of time really looking them over and appreciating them. Again, more maturity. None of the 'I didn't get everything on my list'. Looks like my little girl is growing up. I haven't talked to easy child yet. I'll call him later as I don't know what they have planned at his dad's. I don't want to interrupt.

Wynter didn't go to bed until 1am and I still had to wrap - can you say 'procastinate' - so I didn't get in bed til much later. Although, much less wrapping this year than in years past. I have never put any presents under the tree until after the kids went to bed Christmas Eve and I was reminiscing this morning on 8 hour wrapping sessions on Christmas Eve. :elf: Start out wrapping everything individually, so lovingly and painstakingly. :forsanta: 8 hours later, you're throwing things in together and throwing paper around them and trying to squeeze as many things into the stocking as possible, all the while wondering why you didn't buy bigger stockings. :rofl:

TM - I love your poem! How sweet!

Merry Christmas, my friends!
:miseltoe:

Ephchap

Good Morning, CD Family, and Merry Christmas to all!
:xmasdancers:
It's just husband and younger easy child and me this year. A lot of changes at the Ephchap house.

easy child always loves her stocking filled by Santa. All the little tidbits and hair products make her a happy girl.

She opened her gifts and was tickled with the things Santa had brought. She's a young lady now, but opening gifts, she looks like my little baby girl all over again. lol.

My older easy child will be here with his fiance, as will difficult child and his pregnant girlfriend and mom and mother in law. It will be nice having all my little "babies" back under one roof for a nice Christmas meal.

Merry Christmas (or whatever holiday you may celebrate) to everyone!

Hugs,
Deb :blizzard:

RAZZLYNNE17

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :xmasdancers:

Well i am now sitting here alone, afther the storm went through. I got up at 5:20 and difficult child was ready to go, one rule i need :coffee: first. difficult child had a great x-mas, he now has a cell phone and was off the wall, i figured it was about time, and the best part his b-day is in two weeks so everyone can buy him minutes for it. Around nine My sister, and niece, and nephews, and great niece came over, it's her first christmas, we did gifts and breakfast. difficult child then left for his dads at 9:45, he just texted me that he is bored. I will grab him around 2 and we head to nh, for our big family christmas party, difficult child is sure to be bouncing by then. Well merry Christmas everyone, and enjoy your day. :santa:

Kathy813

Staff member
Good morning and Merry Christmas!!! :xmasdancers:

Although I miss the excitement of Santa, it's kind of nice to have grown children at Christmas. For one thing, I got to sleep until 10 o'clock without anyone running in and jumping on my bed.

:rofl:

Also, even though I forgot to fill the stockings last night, it wasn't a crisis. difficult child did make a smart remark about Santa getting Alzheimer's.

We did have one disappointment last night! They changed the times of the Christmas Eve service. For years we have been going to the nine o'clock service so I timed our dinner out last night so we would get to the church at 8:30. To my surprise, the parking lot was full and no one was coming out from the earlier service.

As we walked up to the church (husband, easy child, and me ~ difficult child opted not to come), a woman was walking out so I asked her what time the next service was. She said she had too had thought that there was a nine o'clock service to but it turned out that they had changed the times to 8 and 11.

And she was supposed to sing in the choir! :rofl:

Once we got home, I knew that husband and easy child didn't want to go back to the 11 o'clock service so I missed church on Christmas Eve for the first time in 25 years.

Next year I will be sure to call and check on the times.

Overall, difficult child was okay this morning but she did have a few moments. Like showing up with presents for easy child and me but nothing for husband. She said she ran out of money and would get him something "later." husband told her he would be happy if she just continued doing well in school.

I hope that everyone has a peaceful and happy holiday full of love and laughter. :miseltoe:

~Kathy

tammyjh

More Christmas wishes to everyone.

difficult child did pretty well so far. husband and I were on guard in order to separate her from the rest when things started looking like they might go bad. Only had to do it a few times and she pulled out of it pretty quickly. She's on the edge right now so I've decided that I'll stay home with her while husband takes the other kids to sister in law's house for dinner. No biggie for me as it will be nice to have some peace and quiet. Might even keep my 2 yr. old home to get a nap with me. :smile: All the kids were happy and appreciative of what they got so I really have no complaints. I hope you all have grea rest of the day!! :snowman:

Martie

Good afternoon to all!!!

I hope you are all have a melt down free Christmas...

WE are on the road traveling back from NYC where ex-difficult child played

Merry Christmas.

Martie :xmasdancers: :xgift:

Marguerite

OK, it's late but this has been my first chance to get online since we left our place on Christmas Eve. We're now at easy child & BF1's place in Canberra. I posted already on "How has your day been".

This has been the first year ever of not getting to church at all. Although we did get there on Sunday night, the special village carols service.

On Christmas Eve we watched "Hogfather" and thoroughly enjoyed it. difficult child 1 managed to find a copy to give easy child 2/difficult child 2 for Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing it again, properly.

We're about to go to the Canberra Botanic Gardens (hope they're open) and then back here to wave off easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2, who drove down yesterday afternoon for a very late Christmas lunch (5pm!).

Today is Boxing Day, nothing to do with fights in the ring. It's the day wealthier people pack up their leftovers into boxes and take them to the poorer people (from many years ago, in England). It's a relic of times past, but it's still a public holiday for us as well.

This will be our last trip to Canberra for some time now. easy child & BF1 are moving to Newcastle next month, it's about the same time for us to get there but we have other family there too. I used to have other family here in Canberra but they all moved north to farmland. So no more ties here.

I hope you all had a good day.

Marg