Good Father's Day Morning!

tiredmommy

Good Morning! :coffee:

Happy Father's Day to our dads and step-dads out there! I hope you are blessed with a quiet, peaceful and loving day.

As for me: it's groceries, housework and yard work today. We'll head to my in-laws later for dinner. I've already decided to bring leftovers from last night since they're having pizza and wings. They know I'm trying to lose weight so I hope they are okay with it. ;)

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day for Sunday. Happy Fathers Day for all those who celebrate it on this day. Not here yet, though. We have to wait until September.

TM, I hope your in-laws don't sabotage your diet.

I've been good, had another very quiet day. I only went outside briefly to cut some flowers, until it was time to go to mother in law's to get dinner. I used some chicken stock I made the other night and added a lot of other stuff (various sliced meat from pieces I freeze; then some frozen wontons and vegetables) and made short soup.

We just got home. I feel lazy but I have permission.

Tomorrow is a busy day - my cleaner is due at lunchtime (here's hoping she turns up this time) so we have to start the washing machine before we leave so it's ready when we get back by mid-morning. While we're out I'll need to buy some ingredients so I can use my help to get some heavy cooking organised. That hopefully can take care of meals for the next few days, for all of us.

difficult child 3 starts his next assessment task tomorrow morning. Again, with me not able to be home to get him started.

Shortest day for us tomorrow.

Enjoy your day.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:swimming: Good Morning and Happy Father's Day to all the board dads!

TM, the wings would def be a breaker! So much fat, sugar and calories! Now the pizza could be workable - a slice or two along with a side salad. Enjoy the visit though....

Marg, good to hear you took it easy today. I know you enjoy curry dishes - I made a delicious chicken curry soup yesterday - it was soooooo good. Let me know if you want the recipe.

Had an extremely slow and lazy day yesterday. My old college friend came over Friday about 4. He an I talked and laughed and talked and laughed, had dinner, talked and laughed, talked and laughed some more. Before we knew it, it was 4am yesterday morning! It was a great time. So, yesterday was a tad slow - late nights and lots of wine will do that to you!

It is really, really hot here :hot:. difficult child and I have decided to to have a game and movie afternoon. He wants to play UNO and Monopoly and then we'll watch Avatar (again!). easy child gets off work at 5 so she'll pick up difficult child then and go and visit bonehead. difficult child bought him a can of cashews and a 70% cocoa choc bar when he went to the cvs for a card last night! He knows his dad.......

Hope you all have a great day - take it easy - it's Sunday.

Sharon :peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-I can certainly understand your bringing leftovers. Enjoy your day!!

Marg-I'm glad to hear you are taking it easy!

Sharon-I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with your college friend! Enjoy the games and movie!

I'm back from church and thinking of going to the health club. Part of me is feeling very lazy but I know I should go. easy child/difficult child doesn't want to do anything so I might go to the pool with a friend. I have to pick up difficult child around 5:00 and husband probably won't be home til about 11.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: