Good Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:cheerleader: It's Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We've made it! difficult child has a four day weekend and that always makes me happy! No homework, no pressure........

This morning is the end of the book fair. We will be open from 8 until 11:30 for p/t conferences. We are about 2/3's higher in sales than I anticipated! The principal told me last night that a book fair has never been as busy or well organized. R and I took a bow. R is the mom of difficult child's little girl buddy who is also a difficult child. They have been friends since k. R has always loved the book fair and has worked with me on the fair for 7 years. She loves to just sit and sell!

My aunt and uncle (my best friend/cousin's parents) are coming in town today. They've invited me for Valentine's Dinner tomorrow night! So I least I'll have something to do rather than sit home and watch the boob tube on Valentine's Night!

Hope your Friday is great!!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-It's great the book fair is doing so well! You and R deserve that bow!! Enjoy dinner with your aunt and uncle tomorrow!

I am so glad it's Friday for a couple of reasons. One, the usual, it's been a long week and I'm exhausted. Another reason is that I love when Valentine celebrations fall on the weekend. We get to have our Valentine's party and the kids will go home eat their treats and not come back full of sugar tomorrow!! Also my kids, now both being out of elementary school shouldn't come home full of sugar tonight!!

We went to difficult child's science night last night. At least he acted like the perfect angel while we were there. He was asked to pick out names for the raffle and was quite the clown and entertaining others in the room.

After work tonight, I'm planning on a nap. Later (after difficult child is asleep) we'll watch movies.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Friday:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon (ldm), congrats on the success of the book fair. As long as I remember you've done this each year & it's been a huge success. Good work does pay off.

Sharon (with-o), sitting & watching movies with husband sounds like a wonderful end to your busy weekend. I'd be asleep half way before the first movie ~ but time together with your husband is precious with all that you have going on in your household.

"Hi" to anyone who snuch in.

Friday - loving the more relaxed schedule (not getting up at 5:30 to get kt off to school. I take ktbug for her intake at day treatment after school this morning & then it's free choice Friday.

My free choice is doing taxes. Finally got all the paperwork together & I expect I'll have it done by Sunday at the latest & efiled. Something more to check off my list.

I've been practicing a new song on the piano ~ the Beatles song I Will. It's been slow going but it's good to get back on the piano. I'm about to transfer my sketch to watercolor paper & begin painting later tonight. Life must be good. ;)

Enjoy your Friday. Hope it's a calm & safe day.

Marguerite

G'day, folk.

Sharon/LDM,
I'm glad you have had recognition for your success with the book fair. Enjoy Valentine's.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad difficult child behaved for you at the science fair.

Linda, I'm glad you're back on the piano. I was thinking of you tonight as I did a bit more painting on mother in law's desk organiser. I re-painted the sky, put in some clouds while the paint was still wet then used some leftover white to highlight the hills. After this, once it's dry, I'll probably just paint direct from the tubes, using chunks of pure colour primarily to put in tiny detail. That's when I take my glasses off and use my magic magnified vision.

We had a quiet day today, apart from the extra work I have on cleaning day, which always tires me out. Also it was a day for difficult child 3 to do a dreaded writing task with hisschoolwork. He wrote three sentences in total, all day. So tomorrow, despite being the weekend, I want him to work on his writing task. However, I know he won't finish it over the weekend. Not without a lot more pushing than I'm prepared to do, because to push too hard will mean he won't learn anything from it. Very frustrating!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone. Valentine's Day tomorrow, I made tiramisu tonight. A simple version of it. All it needs is overnight in the fridge, then maybe some more chocolate on the top when serving. I think I'll roast a chicken, or maybe do one of my Italian specialties tomorrow to give husband a change frm eternal curries.

Marg

artana

Hello,
Good morning everyone. Today is a halfday for the kids. Last night I had a long talk with the behavior therapist at the school, who says that he is trying to create a really good behavior plan for my eldest, who he calls an extremely "complex" kid that is barely on his radar! He says there are three other children in his classroom who are much more disruptive than eldest. I felt so glad at how far he has come in the past year!:) He also said youngest was a sweetheart.