Good Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

It's Friday!!! Good Morning.

I woke up around 4 am this morning and decided to just get up...I think I will be running on empty by 3 pm......

Last night was our family pizza/movie night - easy child came over and the three of us chose a movie. Just as we had started the movie, the doorbell rang. It was our friends with the little girl with stage 4 neuroblastoma. The little one's counts are such that she can be around people a few days before she goes in next week for the 4th aggressive chemo. She was so happy, laughing, running around, talking a mile a minute. She's lost all her hair, but knows she is still a princess! It was so wonderful to be able to see her because her "public time" is so few and between with the aggressive chemo schedule.

After they left, the three of us were just moved by this family's faith and hope and love. We just couldn't go back to the movie. We'll get back to it this afternoon, after school - at least difficult child and I will. We have 24 hours to watch it.

My day today consists of house stuff. I believe we have finally crossed over into the fall weather. It's not real cool yet, but I think the hot and humid weather is over. Thank goodness!

Wishing everyone a great Friday!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

Sharon/LDM, what an inspirational little girl! It was good that she had some fun time with friends, before she goes back for the next course of chemo.

We've had a full day today. I saw the optometrist this morning for new contact lenses, but I suddenly have a dry eye problem which I have to fix. My eyes right now look like road maps.
From there we went to difficult child 3's therapist appointment, via husband's work. We had some stuff to bring home for husband.

After the therapist appointment we headed straight home where I had an appointment with a client about her book. I finally got back home after 6 pm. Thankfully difficult child 3 had opened up the place for me, I just drove right in.

Apart from my last little trip to the client, difficult child 3 drove all the way into the city and back, even though traffic was much worse than usual. He is doing well with his driving lessons, is now over halfway through the 120 hours of driving he has to do before he is allowed by law to sit for his drivers licence.

We're just about to head down to mother in law's for dinner. I have a bit of work to do down there for the client which we will put in her lettterbox tomorrow on our way out of town. It's a long weekend this weekend, and we have family down from the country for my brother's wedding anniversary tomorrow. Then on Sunday we have a huge family reunion.
So if you don't hear from me or husband for a couple of days, it's because we are out of range.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Rabbit

Good Morning All Hope everyone has a GREAT day and weekend!
Major rain and flooding here but it is clearing now.
Sharon and Marg - Have a good one!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone~

Sharon, I got goosebumps reading your post about that sweet little princess. I'm so glad she was able to get a little fun time in with her friends before the next round - prayers to her and her family. I hope you're able to squeeze in a nap.

Marg, difficult child 3 is doing very well with his driving, good for him! Enjoy your extended family time this weekend, it sounds like fun!

Rabbit, I hope you have a great day!

I took today off because I've just been on auto pilot between the craziness of work and then my classes this semester taking up so much of my time, I needed a day to tie up loose ends, such as my mom's paperwork and bills, get hair done, etc. It's just been nuts and I've been looking forward to this day! Late last night a wicked head cold and sore throat hit me! I was up all night sweating and with the most amazing amount of snot, lol. So I feel like garbage today and because I do have these things to take care of I will have to take the daytime cold medicine, which really doesn't agree with me much (asthma, etc)...and it's pouring buckets outside, I'm waiting for one of our huge pines to come crashing down on the house because of the wind. I think I will take a shower to help me get moving (maybe help with my lousy disposition this morning as well) and switch over from coffee to tea. Just not how I planned my day off, blech. Whine whine whine...sorry about that - just not a happy camper today.

I sure everyone else is healthy and has a wonderful day! ☺

Happy Friday Everyone!

This week has been so long for some reason.... but we're here at last!

Sharon, LDM, I love your maple leaves. They remind me that there is hope that cooler weather is headed our way. I'm so glad you were able to spend some happy time with your princess friend. The good moments are precious, aren't they?

Marg, I'm very familiar with that dry eye problem. My doctor put some tiny little plugs in the holes where tears drain - and this has helped me tremendously. The process wasn't painful, but it was weird. Now, when I cry, my tears spill down my cheeks - but it's worth that hassle to have better lubrication for my contacts. It sounds like GF3 is doing wonderfully with his driving. We're not there yet, but I look forward to the day...

Rabbit, I hope that things dry up there quickly. Too much rain is no fun.

H&R, so sorry to hear about the cold. We've had it here at our house for about a week . Gee, I hope the viruses didn't travel through the computer. Hang in there, hot tea has been of help here.

We're off to visit my mom in the mountains of North Carolina today. The colors are beginning to glow there, and the weather is predicted to be lovely. We're looking forward to the break. We've been in the midst of yet more work on our aging house and yard. We're actually trying to get it in tip top shape to sell -hoping there will be some turnaround in the market. We're redoing the yard, with new planting. For the first time we have a yard that can be swept - no grass at all. LOL We need to get the grass seed in quickly before it's too late. It's been dry here, so the dust is awful.

easy child is hoping to climb Mount Katadhdin on Saturday or Sunday. This marks the end of the Appalachian Trail, all 2,200 miles of it! I've been very worried, because I see it is quite rainy and windy there now - and the mountain is quite a challenge in good weather. husband assures me all will be well, so I'm trying to stay on the positive side. easy child plans to go to NYC to visit some friends after he finishes up , and then come home. NYC should be quite a shift after 5 months on the trail!

I hope that everyone has a day with some moments of peace and serenity.