Good Friday Morning and Happy Yule!

SuZir

Yes, it is finally here, winter solstice. I'm waiting sun to rise for shortest day of the year (well, in northern side of the globe.) And it will be a pretty one. It's getting little warmer, closer to 10 F already and we are having some more snow, slowly, big flakes, the best Christmas movie manner. After today light is again going to gain victory over dark, life from death, awakening from rest and sleep, it's a first promise of upcoming new spring, we are again going towards summer. That is something to celebrate!

(Yeah, you don't have to scratch too hard to find a pagan out from me, Church has tried to school that out of us about last 800 years with very limited success... Living in north does that to the person.)

For me and mine this dark time has been dark and difficult. My older son has been struggling and having really hard time to cope. My family ties have gotten strained partly because of that. My son and his dad have had rocky times, so have my marriage. Only my younger son has escaped difficult times (well anything more than being a 16-year-old boy, that is at times difficult on its own) during this fall. My older son has kept working hard to overcome his difficulties and I'm proud of that. Me and my husband are committed to working on our marriage. We are muddling through, but we could all use some light in our lives and I do hope that light and spring will also gain victory in our lives as in nature.

I wish you all Happy Yule and some light into your life!

Wiped Out

Staff member
SuZir-I hope the light brings some hope!

HaoZi-Good Morning-enjoy your day!

I can't wait for longer days; I think I have a minor case of SAD every year. Most nights I'm in bed between 7:30 and 9:00 because with all the darkness I just can't stay awake.

Another snow day and a very bored difficult child on my hands. This is when I wish he had some friends. I think we are about to venture out to try and build a snowman
:snowing:

Wishing all a beautiful day
:sled:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Suzir, your good morning wishes for a happy yule just made my heart a little lighter! Happy Yule to you also!

HaoZi, Happy Yule to you too! Have a great Friday!

Sharon, we are getting everything you're getting except it's RAIN...apparently, some flooding is expected all around. I hope you're able to have some peace and that difficult child keeps busy!

I am in my office this morning, tried to get here early with the intention of finally taking at least a partial half day off before my official winter vaca begins! I'll be off until January 2nd, woo hooo!!! Here's hoping I can clear off my desk today!

Have a fantastic day everyone!

InsaneCdn

WO... how about a snow fort? Build some walls, then build a couple of "seats". Make some hot cocoa and... enjoy!

Hoping it starts snowing... not heaps (we have heaps) but because I like fresh snow.

It's definitely more fun watching the sunrise time changes now... fun to track.

HopeRemains

Wow, SuZir, I have been so caught up emotionally that I didn't even remember Yule was coming up! Thank you so much for reminding me that light and life lie ahead... that almost brings me to my knees with relief right now. Blessings!