Good Friday morning...TGIF

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning:

Good morning friends,

Hard to believe it's already Friday. It's been a busy week in Wonderland with kt starting summer school & 4 appts (3 for me). Glad to see this weekend on the horizon.

kt is off to respite after school & her in home therapy this afternoon. :beautifulthing::bigsmile: husband & I are looking forward to a quiet weekend after this week & our trip last weekend.

husband has a mtg across town this morning & with kt in school I'll have some alone time here. I've been craving time alone.

This afternoon I'll be hitting the nursery (hopefully if my energy holds); it's the half priced sale & I'm hoping to find a couple of baskets for my front porch & a few flowers for my window boxes. I waited for this sale this year - usually I plant much earlier. Weather didn't permit this year.

Have a wonderful Friday. I hope you find a reason to laugh - it's the best medicine.:nurse:

smallworld

Good TGIF morning everyone!

Linda, sounds as if you have a nice day and weekend planned. I'm always searching for some alone time, but I can't seem to find it very often. Enjoy the sale at the nursery.

J arrived home from Greece yesterday afternoon. He had traveled with my in-laws for 10 days. He's happy and healthy and had a great trip. My in-laws reported that he was a terrific traveler. What progress! I never thought he could have handled such a trip six months ago.

A leaves for overnight camp in Maine next Wednesday. I've been busily ironing on name tags and packing her up. We need to bring a large carton of her stuff to UPS this morning so it arrives in Maine on time.

M has been hanging out with us. She starts theatre day camp next Monday.

Not much on the agenda this weekend. If the weather's nice, I'm sure we'll hit the pool.

Hope you have a peaceful weekend. Hi if you snuck in.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Enjoy that alone time! Have fun picking the flowers. We still need to do that too! I'm glad you have a respite weekend ahead!!

SW-I'm glad J had such a great time in Greece and was such a good traveler! The camps for M and A sound like fun! Enjoy the weekend-I still haven't been to the pool!

husband and I went to see a movie last night with our niece. We saw The Happening. It was good but not great! Some definite scary moments in it!

Today is a day of no appointments!! husband has to go to school for a bit since he didn't get his room put away last week.

Wish it would be warm enough to go to the pool but I don't think it is suppose to be. Not sure what we'll end up doing except for the club and a nap! I love lazy days.

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter.
:flowers:

LittleDudesMom

:grins: Good Morning Ladies!!! It's Friday!!!!

Linda, a trip to the nursery sounds great - especially at half price! I have two pots on my patio that I need to replace. Something attacked the dalias and ate through the leaves. I think it was some kind of really small mite or something. I want to replace the soil and start from scratch in case whatever did the eating is waiting for his next meal!!!! Enjoy the quiet. I'm not sure I will know what that is until September!

Small, wonderful news about J and his trip to Greece. This is quite an accomplishment when you think back to where he was a year ago! Wonderful opportunity for him and great of your parents.

Sharon, the kids and I went to see The Happening Monday night. Like you, we thought it was ok. Definately something I wished I waited to see on dvd since the movies are so expensive. It cost just about $50 for the three of us to go in the evening and get some drinks, popcorn and sour skittles for difficult child!! That's why I normally go during the day.....

Busy day here. Cleaning crew arrives in about an hour. easy child and I will hit the gym once they arrrive. difficult child will stay and supervise :meh: (she says tongue and cheek). Then a quick run to the grocer for a couple things. When we get home it will be all about pulling the beach stuff out of storage and cleaning it off; cleaning out the car; making sure all the clothes are clean and begin packing for our trip to the beach Sunday :sunny:.

This is the annual trip the kids and I take every year. easy child will be visiting her boyfriend tomorrow, so I'm going to use her as much as I can to get everything done for the trip today :teethy:.

Sending everyone Friday wishes for a great day and a good free choice!!!!

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Linda, Have fun picking out your flowers. And ENJOY your weekend with husband!!! You deserve it!!!

smallworld, I'm glad J had such nice time in Greece. And, it's wonderful that he was able to handle it so well. Sometimes, our kids really surprise us!!! I hope you make it to the pool.

Sharon (WO), ENJOY your lazy day!!! I wish I could join you...

Sharon (LDM), It's so nice you'll be leaving Sunday for your annual beach trip. It is the perfect way to kick off the summer season. I hope after all of your hard work and dedication, you bought yourself a new swimsuit!!!

Today is a busy day for me. Unfortunately, I woke up like this :bloodshot:, but after three cups of caffeine, a bottle of water, my morning walk/jog (mostly still just walk), and breakfast, I'm feeling much better.

difficult child 2 has an independent occupational therapy evaluation early this afternoon. I have to take difficult child 1 with me as he isn't trustworthy enough to stay at home alone :mad:.

Unfortunately, yesterday the staff at the high school media center told difficult child 1 that he won't be able to begin his nonpaying internship helping to fix and set up computers yet. difficult child 1 told us weeks ago that everything was "all set." (Typical for difficult child 1). However, the suprintendant (SP???) hasn't approved it. Please keep your fingers crossed... This would keep him busy during the weekdays before and after his internship at camp, right up until the start of the new school year.

The Occupational Therapist (OT) evaluation is supposed to take about 1 and 1/2 hours to complete. The occupational therapist is going to concentrate on areas that the school didn't bother to test.:mad: difficult child 2 isn't able to perform simple daily living skills. His hand muscles are weak and he has poor motor planning skills among other problems. If the school had bothered to test for these things, they would have had to provide services for him. Anyway, in spite of having to take difficult child 1 with me, I'm glad difficult child 2 is having this done today.

It is a beautiful day here - Sun is shining, not too hot, just right. I LOVE this weather!!! :bbq::beach_ball::picnic:

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today. WFEN

Andy

AWESOME GREAT FRIDAY MORNING!!!!

And, if anyone pinches me awake, you will definately get the "Not the best friend right now" award. We have had such a great week here.

Timer Lady - enjoy your much awaited quiet weekend. I hope KT enjoys her respite.

Smallworld - you are also having a busy week and a weekend with no plans will be refreashing. What a wonderful trip for J. I was watching a travel station show where the host was in Greece. I thought about your family and wondered how J was doing.

Wiped Out - enjoy your lazy day.

Little Dudes Mom - You have a busy day planned. Your trip is a great goal to get all your work done.

We are facing a busy weekend. I am so glad I took this morning off of work. Gotta get my hair cut, go to the bank, pay a bill, and pack just incase difficult child decides to stay overnight at Cub Scout Camp. He has baseball practice this morning so I need to have errands done before that if I want to watch practice. I am helping with camp today (starts at 1:00) and tommorrow (I hope they have pre-school level crafts at the arts and crafts station - I told them I can help only if the boys can do their crafts without my help). We have had such a long week, I will be surprised if difficult child wants to stay overnight. We are also suppose to take sack dinner tonight and lunch tommorrow - YUCK! I usually go out and get a fast food lunch. This is his last year for this. He likes to go for the Bow & Arrow and BB gun which he is very good at.

Good morning to everyone who snuck in - I had several interruptions so I am sure there are some.

Find a way to make your difficult child giggle today!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Linda- Fingers crossed that you find just what you want at the nursery.

Smallworld- Your family's comings and goings make me dizzy, lol!

Sharon- Enjoy your lazy day (I'm a little jealous, lol!).

LDM- I hope you get it all done for your trip today...

WFEN- I hope the Occupational Therapist (OT) evaluation goes well and yields the answers you need. Fingers crossed about the internship.

Adrianne- Have fun at camp!!!

I have more cleaning today and Duckie's end of the year slide show this afternoon. She doesn't know it, but her bff is joining us for dinner and then watching the Disney world premiere of Camp Rock. It should be fun.

I'm still a little down about Duckie needing to go to handwriting camp. I just feel bad that she continues to have these issues. I feel like jumping up and down and shouting "It's not fair!". Poor kid. :(

I hope everyone has a great day. :salute: