Good Friday morning.... TGIF

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

It looks as though kt is about to make it through a full week of school! :cheerleader: I'm so proud of this young lady. Yesterday was iffy but she got dressed & on the bus.

I tried to sleep in bed for the first time in over a year. I'm still not able to sleep with-o some major changes. I can sleep on a futon that my dad has in his home ~ I'm going to order one of those with the same futon mattress. I need some kind of noise - over the past year I've used my television. I've never had a tv in our bedroom but I'm going to move one in there.

wm broke his thumb yesterday in gym class. He's doing his best to get out of everything. It's not flying ~ especially when it comes to doing his Occupational Therapist (OT) exercises. He just had to give it his best shot. Makes a mother heart swell with pride, doesn't it? :stopglass::rofl:

Here's to a wonderful start of the weekend. kt & I intend to get some chores done around the house & then head out to a matinee tomorrow afternoon.

LittleDudesMom

:D Happy Free Choice Friday Linda and all to follow!!!

Linda, great news on the full week of schoolf for kt:peaceful:! A movie is on difficult child's and my schedule as well! He wants to see that kidnaped movie - can't remember the name of it - with Liam Neilson. Need to check it out and see what up with it...... Hope your day is a good one Linda.

I'm running late this morning. I took some time to write my grocery list when I first got up. difficult child is off today and Monday so I'm going to hit the gym here in about 10 mintues for water fitness then head right to the grocery store. I also need to pick up some cleaning supplies. The economy has forced me to let go my biweekly cleaning crew :(. I have decided to take the money I saw on the twice monthly cleans, and insert it into my savings account!

I hope your Friday is a great one! Make sure your free choice is a goodie ;)

Sharon

Janna

Good morning, ladies,

Linda, I'm so sorry you're not able to sleep. I hope you can figure out a way to get some rest. I'm amazed @ KT. Just awesome for her. Awesome, awesome, awesome. Sorry for wm. Hope his injury gets better fast so he can get back to all that Occupational Therapist (OT) *snicker*

Sharon, good choice on the cleaning lady! You'll be thankful. Enjoy the gym! Keep on with those awesome work outs :)

I have a busy day today too. It'll start off with my 3 mile workout. Then I have to run B in town to fill out job applications and get his permit (stay clear of the roads in Pennsylvania, people). Grocery store run, then some calls to recruiters, Army, National Guard and Marines, again for B. Home for lunch, some cleaning, and then another 2 mile walk with D. Poor kid, the Seroquel has gotten him to 155 lbs and he's only 12. I will weigh less than him soon. *sigh* He's trying, so hard.

Speaking of which, D, too, has had a great week of school. Maybe it's a full moon, Linda? I mean, incredible! Spectacular! What the heck? LOL!

Enjoy your day everyone!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-How great that kt has made it to school each day! I think a matinee for you and kt sounds like fun. I always have to have white noise to sleep. We have a fan running every night.

Sharon-Sorry about the cleaning crew but what a great idea to deposit it to your savings instead! Enjoy your day!

Janna-All that working out sounds great!! Glad to hear D had such a good week at school!

Last night husband and I decided to take care of our well being. We've been skipping the club way too often. difficult child lost practice and was on a stop the world for some of his behaviors so husband and I headed to the club and got in a great workout!

No appts. today! Not sure what we'll do after work. Often on Fridays we come home and nap. I would like to make it to the club again but we'll see. Maybe we can sneak in a movie.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, that's really good news for kt, making it for a whole week. Shame about wm's thumb, though. I hope you can get some sleep. The futon sounds good, but be prepared for the mattress of it to not last as long as other beds. We had one in our spare room, we finally had to chuck it out because it was just too compressed and lumpy.

Sharon/LDM, a thought about saving even more money - if you can expend enough energy cleaning, you might even save on gym memberships! Maybe develop your own exercise routine based on domestic duties.

Janna, sounds like you've got a really busy schedule. I'm sorry to hear about D's weight problem form the Seroquel. If it's any consolation, when difficult child 1 gained so much weight on Risperdal, he lost it again when he went off it.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your free time.

We had another hot day here, despite Sydney being one of the coldest Aussie state capitals today. Really bizarre - Darwin, normally noted for being way hotter than anywhere else, and Hobart, noted for being the coldest, were both the same temperature as Sydney today - 29 C (84 F). Which is still a decently hot day. But poor old Melbourne and Adelaide, both over 43 C (109 F). Again. Melbourne has now had its 3rd day over 43 C, which makes the record books. And they say February will be even hotter.

difficult child 3 was stuck on Maths today, which worries me. Thinking cap time, there are a few other things of concern. But he really did try hard and he's had a productive week.

After school hours, we headed for the beach again. It was still as hot as it had been in the middle of the day. A quick swim only for me, I had to drop my friend home. Then I went back for difficult child 3 but he was having so much fun I didn't nag him to come home. Instead I chatted to acouple of other people there, parents of former classmates of difficult child 3's. difficult child 3 was talking to a couple of boys (talking about gaming, I suspect) then they went off to skim board side by side.

husband is really tired tonight, almost walking zombie material. We're trying for some sleep tonight, wish us luck. Tomorrow is yet another hot day. I have to go out in the heat instead of staying home to enjoy the beach again. The water is beautifully warm now, very pleasant. I'm hoping I can get husband to go for a swim tomorrow, I think it will do him good.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg