Good Friday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Today is the first day of summer vacation for Duckie, so of course I wake up way too early and can't fall back asleep! :hammer:

I have to finish preparations on the house/yard for the party this morning: outside furniture, toys, food etc. :swimming:
Run the vacuum in the living room one more time as my cats are shedding at an amazing rate...

Other than the pool party, we'll try to take in a drive-in movie tonight. We want to see WallE. It should be a tiring, but fun, day for Duckie.

Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

That party sounds like it should be a lot of fun.

And a drive-in movie later - we don't have drive-ins here any more. I remember going to the drive-in often, when I was a kid. But they all got developed. easy child's high school was built on the site of an old drive-in. Her university was built on the site of another. BF2's parents live on a housing estate where yet another old drive-in used to be.

Another cold day, spent with difficult child 3 working hard. BF2 was home from work, he used the time to pack. Their bed has been taken apart ready for the truck tomorrow so tonight he and easy child 2/difficult child 2 sleep on the mattress on the floor. They have loaded my car with boxes, I have a meeting tomorrow afternoon about a block away from their new flat, so I will drive the boxes there first, or they can unload the boxes while I'm in my meeting.
It's going to be strange to lose two members of the household. It will be good to get access to my sewing machine again, and a lot of other space. We might even get the (new) spare room set up as a schoolroom for difficult child 3 so we can reclaim the dining table!

I'd better not make too many plans; this new flat might not work out!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. TGIF. It's a gorgeous day out on the porch where a hummingbird joined me today while I had a cup of coffee.

TM, sounds like a great first day of summer vacation. Hopefully tomorrow you will be so tired that you will sleep in. Have fun today.

Marguerite, there aren't many drive ins around here either. We used to take our sons to the drive in near in laws since it was very rural. Good luck with the move. It always takes time to adjust to the loss of members of the household. Stay warm.

My middle sister flew in yesterday to stay with mom while I accompany husband to his family reunion. It's a bit of a drive but we have time to enjoy the scenery. It will be nice to see husband's sister, brother and their families. Of course, his parents will be there too. It should be nice.

It's quiet from the difficult child and easy child front so I assume no news is good news.

Enjoy your weekend. :picnic: Do something fun.

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

TM-The pool party sounds like such fun-what time should I be there? :swimming: How cool to go to a drive in movie. I haven't been in years. We have one left about 35 miles from here but haven't been there since the kiddos were little. I hear WallE is suppose to be awesome.

Marg-Moving day tomorrow-hope all goes well and enjoy that "new" space:)

Fran-Enjoy the reunion! I have to miss ours this year because we have something going on husband's side. Usually I go every year-it's good to reconnect with family.:)

The usual today-the club and naps. We have an in home appointment. today for difficult child and he has his last day of basketball camp. I actually have an afternoon where I could go to the pool. However, we're expecting 1-2 inches of rain.:rain:

Wishing everyone a day filled with summer fun.:water_happy:

change

Good Morning Ya'll!!!

I can't believe I'm up. Have not been able to sleep for the last hour. I EVEN went out last night (GNO)! I'll surely be taking a nap later...;)

Duckie's party sounds soooo fun! HAPPY SUMMER! I think we have a drive-in somewhere in the 'burbs in our city. I live near downtown so I'm not sure...would be so fun though. I remember going to one every now and then when I was in elementary school.

Daughter has fine arts class, I'll go for a jog, husband and I will have a nice evening together since he doesn't work weekends. TGIF!

Sitting on my balcony right now and about to have to put on the "Off"! You know what they say about Texas mosquitoes...:mad:

HAVE AN AWESOME WEEKEND EVERYONE!!!!!!!! :D

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

TM, ENJOY the party!!! :jumphappy::beach_ball:: We don't have any drive-ins around here anymore. As a child and a teen, I used to go to them often - Thinking of them brings back so many memories...

Marg, I hope difficult child 2/easy child 2 and BF2 are very happy in their new flat!!! I'm sure it will seem strange at first not having them around. However, I'm sure it will be nice to be able to use your sewing machine and dining table again!!!

Fran, ENJOY the family reunion!!! You definitely deserve a bit of a break and a little R & R!!!

Sharon (WO), I hope you're able to get to the pool soon!!! Enjoy your nap...:sleeping:...

I'm icing my foot as I'm typing - I just finished my daily walk/jog. It feels so good to be able to jog again even if I'm still only able to walk most of the way.

This afternoon, husband and I have an appointment to meet with an intake worker at the DMR to determine if difficult child 2 is eligible for any services now. She explained to me over the phone that our SPED director sent the paperwork to the wrong department but she is going to help us anyway. She'll forward everything to the correct place. This meeting has nothing to do with services that might be available for him once he graduates high school and is considered an adult. Please keep your fingers crossed... Money is tight and I would be pleasantly surprised if difficult child 2 was offered any services at all...

husband dropped my "favorite sanity saver":cool_dog: off at the groomer's before work. She has allergies that make her very itchy.:itching: and needs a medicated bath. We've tried bathing her before, BUT, have learned the hard way that not only is our large furry baby happier when bathed at the groomer's, but so are we. I can't wait to get her back this evening - There is nothing like a clean, pleasant smelling, cuddly "fur baby!!!"

Other than that and a few minor errands, I don't have much else planned for today. Hopefully it will be a beautiful, warm sunny, uneventful weekend...:peaceful:

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:D WFEN

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:good_morning:
Good morning friends,

TM, have fun at the pool party.

Marg, I miss the drive ins. I have many family memories of going to a movie in my jammies.

Fran, I love hummingbirds - haven't put out that type of feeder in my santuary yet.

Sharon (with-o), sorry you'll be missing the pool once again - good luck at in home.

Change, haven't seen you in the GM thread that I remember - welcome. Keeping fingers crossed for your meeting today & that services are available for your difficult child.

It's a quiet morning here - gloomy & overcast. We're forecast to have some pretty severe storms which we don't need; some of the other areas need the storms even less.

However, rainy days bring out my creativity & if my energy level remains I'll be painting for the first time in 3 weeks today.
:painter:

Need to get ktbug up & moving for school, some laundry going & a few bills to pay. :check_writer:

Have a good Friday all - I hope everyone finds one good reason to smile today.

("hi" if you snuck in" - I'm real slow this morning)

Andy

Good Friday FRIDAY FRIDAY Morning!!!! (can't you just tell how happy I am about Friday?)

Before i forget - Little Dude's Mom - I hope you are having fantastic beach days - whenever I need a short mental break this week, I just picture myself at your side for a moment.

Tired Mommy - Have a great party - a drive-in movie will be a perfect activity following a funfilled active afternoon. I didn't know there were still drive-ins opened.

Marguerite - Stay warm while you are dreaming of what to do with your new space.

Fran - I hope you have perfect travel weather - enjoy the reuinion. I love hummingbirds - I often forget we have them here and then one will hoover at the window. I think I need to get a feeder up.

Wiped Out - I bet Tired Mommy will allow you to come extra early - she can use the help. :) Some day you should be able to get to the pool - maybe the rain will hold off until late tonight.

Change - Good Morning!!! Get rid of those mosquitos - but don't send them my way.

Wishing - Be extra careful with your foot - don't push it. Good luck with the appointment. Our puppy needs grooming - that is easy child's responsibility to set up and deliver - I have mixed feelings - She is sooo cute as a rag muffin, I am nervous about what she will look like once groomed. A not much planned day is a break in itself - enjoy!

Timer - It will be so nice to paint again. Stay safe in any severe weather and have a great day.

I have today off of work!!! difficult child has a psychiatrist appointment that we need to leave for in about 20 minutes. I will then spend some time shopping for some shorts for him (I hate it that by the end of June, it becomes impossible to purchase summer clothes - I better find some before the middle of July when they bring out winter clothes!!! Don't they know they can sell more if the product was available when you need it?). If the weather holds (not sure) I will get difficult child to practice trumpet again so he can have time at the beach. Last night he spent time with kids trying to catch minnows, joined in a family tossing a ball out in the lake for their dog (beach was closed otherwise no pets are allowed) and watching a boy catch sunfish. He wants me to take our puppy but I told him I can not watch both him and a puppy and I don't want to do pooper duty.

Find a way to make your difficult child laugh today! :) :)

Good Morning to anyone who snuck in!