Good Friday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Where is everyone this morning? Hopefully sleeping in late! In a bit I'm off to Green Bay for a visit with my mom. Poor mom, but I just can't wait to get back home tonight! husband and I are both really tired.

Overall, it was a nice Christmas with a few major meltdowns thrown in by both kids who recovered rather quickly-maybe I'll post more later. husband and I did get in a nap yesterday!:)

Hope everyone is able to enjoy a peaceful day today!:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning Wiped out.
Sounds like a pleasant holiday.
Ours was nice but with grown kids it's a little less chaotic. It's a good thing but different.
Mom and one sis are here, We are hoping to get out today and just breathe fresh air.
difficult child is on hyper speed and talking my ear off.
Today is our anniversary(27yrs) so we may go out and have dinner alone. We haven't had a date night for a while.
Dinner was yummy and the company pleasant. Couldn't ask for anything more except maybe elves to clean everything up and put away all the china and stemware.

goldenguru

Good Morning Wiped Out and Fran (Happy Anniversary!!)

I'm just gonna rest today. The holidays are brutal when you're designated hostess. :)

LittleDudesMom

:snowman: Good Friday Morning!

Sharon, I understand the fatigue!! I never got my Christmas day nap and I've a kinda busy day today with company arriving at 5! Have a save drive and enjoy the visit with your mom Sharon.

It was a great day in the LittleDude house yesterday. The kids woke up about 8:30 and the gift opening was relaxed and fun. easy child, who is such a dear, went out and purchased me the Fiestaware lasagna dish in red I've been wanting!!! She helped difficult child pick me out two kitchen items I had been eyeing at Marshalls. I was very touched by the thought that went into their gifts and how excited they were for me to open them. I had to go first! It was nice to see they got the meaning of how special it is to give.

I hope your Friday is a good one and you don't have to go near the mall today!!!!!

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Hi Fran and Golden!

Hey Fran, if those elves show up today, would you give them me address please? Glad you had a nice holiday. Happy Anniversary!

Golden, good morning - hope your Friday is restful.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Happy Annniversary, Fran. I haven't got time to check in with everyone individually. It's after midnight Friday here (so it's Saturday already). We've been down at mother in law's watching DVDs. Today was Boxing Day for us, a day of eating leftovers and relaxing. I got a trip to the beach, with difficult child 3, easy child and niece 2 (difficult child 3's age). Our usual beach had a lot of bluebottles (stinging blue jellyfish, Physalia species) and so did the village main beach. So I ducked hope and grabbed gifts for friends in the neighbouring village, then after visiting them, we went to THEIR beach. The tide was out so we had a long walk to the sandbank, we swam in the lagoon creek instead of the sand bar because the bluebottles were on every bot if beach facing the ocean. But in the lagoon creek, it was clean, calm and stinger-free.

A wonderful afternoon, just swimming against the tide or letting the current take us. It was like having our own saltwater lap pool! We've come home a bit sunburnt, I've slathered aloe vera all over easy child & difficult child 3; I'm a little pink in places but it will be brown in a few hours. Not sore.

Tomorrow is forecast to be a scorcher. easy child and her cousins are catching the boat to the 'mainland' to go to the cinema there, the rest of us will stay home and bum around the village. I've suggested coffee and brunch down the street, overlooking the bay. Then a trip to one of the local art galleries nearby, for sister in law who hasn't been there.

The Aussie summer is here and has bitten in hard.

Got to go - husband is ready to slather my back in moisturiser, just before bed.

G'night. Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Thank you all for the anniversary wishes. I'm always amazed how fast it's gone.
It's the child rearing that seems to have been forever. LOL.

Marguerite, floating in the ocean(without stingers) sounds like a dream.

Andy

AWESOME GOOD MORNING TO EVERYONE

:D:D:D
Wiped Out - I am glad you survived the day and the meltdowns were shorter lived than could have been.

Fran - I am glad you had a pleasant Christmas Day. Happy Anniversary - hope you can find that "date night" tonight.

Golden - Have a quiet peaceful day today.

Little Dude's Mom - What a great day you had yesterday. easy child is a gem and I know difficult child is watching and learning from her also.

Marg - Sounds like you had a beautiful day. Stay cool tomorrow - I'll send some of our cold weather.

We had a great day yesterday also. difficult child didn't get me up until 8:00 and only because we needed time to open gifts before 9:00 church. I let the kids just open free for all - figured it was quicker than one by one.

I didn't ask for anything for Christmas, in fact said I didn't want anything so of course, I got more than I asked for! ;) Lots of Creative Memories papers and stickers. I can not find my pens which were getting to the point of being replaced anyway so I got a certificate for one pen set.

One of our pastors invited us to Christmas noon meal. husband said no but they told him yesterday morning that the table was already set. It was pastor, his wife, us four, their granddaughter, her boyfriend, and her toddler. easy child is the toddler's godmother. Pastors wife had made a huge meal with all the trimmings - much nicer than the chicken kiev and rice that I was planning. The granddaughter and boyfriend were called away to get her mom from work and the baby was upset that mom was leaving. Pastor and his wife were amazed at how well difficult child worked with the toddler. He got her attention away from mom and played with her. He also helped her get a drink of water (she was one on July 4th) without a top on her cup. Whenever he came back to the table to get a drink, she would follow him - so cute!

It is now above zero degrees. difficult child bundled up when we got home and tried out his new sled. He also played on the snow hill made by the plow in the cul-de-sac.

I am going to get dressed and head to Target. A dear friend who I don't see very often anymore is going to meet me there. We will do some shopping there and at K-Mart. Hopefully the early morning crazy crowds will have calmed down by now. Then later in the day, difficult child and I will do a paper route for a friend. husband said he may help with this. We have not done it before so should be interesting.

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your difficult child's laugh.