Good Friday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Happy Spring to the Northern Hemisphere! :picnic:

I woke up real early today for no good reason! I hope to be back to sleep shortly. Today is fish fry set-up and a cookie booth at the church. The girls sold 69 boxes last week... that's not bad for a small booth. I doubt they'll do that much this week because the fish fry gets a lot of repeat business.

Duckie did really well yesterday when I worked in her classroom. She's come a long way from the little girl that couldn't share her mommy. The little guy I worked with in the morning as a personal aide really struggled... I don't think he was prepared to have a sub and was a little overwhelmed. He's a very sweet little guy.

I'm off to bed (again). Have a great day! :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, family.

TM, the fish fry sounds wonderful. And it's great news that Duckie is doing so well.

We had a busy day today. My cleaner arrived and we got straight into cooking, so I would be able to leave him to the rest of the housework when my conference call came in at 10 am. Only the call was late, there were problems with them emailing in the notes I needed. Turned out, the principal had a mistake in my email address!

We finished the call at 11 am just as my cleaner was getting ready to leave. By this time I was exhausted, but needing to get difficult child 3 working on the computer, so it took some time to get him working. Meanwhile I got all the plants I bought yesterday, safely onto saucers of water. I got two planted, watered some others and generally felt productive and earth-motherish as I'd wanted. Then I managed to get a quick nap before throwing together a quick lunch for me and difficult child 3. While he ate, I got changed from gardening gear to "going out, looking presentable". Then we hit the road to head to the city for his afternoon appointment. Of course, by then difficult child 1 hd rung, he's out of medications. So my early start on the road was slowed down by dropping on on him with medications and reading him the riot act. So we were late to the appointment, but this time only 20 minutes. difficult child 3 & I listened to a CD that easy child sent me, folk music by an old friend of mine who is now a professional folk singer/recording artist. A feminist, activist and good singer. One way or another, I'm going to educate this boy!

After the appointment, we collected husband from work and headed home. It's been a busy day, a lot of things I didn't get to do but I'm pleased with what I did. All of easy child 2/difficult child 2's washing got caught up with ours, so when she and BF2 arrive tomorrow, at least their washing will already be done. I'm cooking a roast dinner for them, it's been a while. Somewhere in there I plan to work on the vegetable bed, get the seedlings in hopefully. There's a lot to do in the morning, and like Linda, I always have to plan in my rest breaks. I know some of you think I'm superhuman - I'm not. I just list a lot more things I do, perhaps. I need my rest breaks or I just can't function.

Anyway, hopefully we're heading for an early night tonight. I'd like to get back to the beach tomorrow, the weather is fabulous at the moment and all the summer heat is still stored in the ocean, it's really warm, I'm told!

Enjoy your spring day.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday and Happy Spring:bbq:
TM-I'm glad Duckie did so well with you in the classroom yesterday! I hope you are able to get back to sleep-good luck with the cookies!

Marg-That was an extremely busy day. I hate being late to appts. so I would have read difficult child the riot act too! How nice that you are able to be working in a Fall garden!! We don't get to do that here!

I'm so glad today is Friday and that it is finally Spring! I thought it would never get here!! A long day ahead for me. I start out with therapy on my jaws at 7:30 and then head to another clinic (thankfully in the same building) for all day voice therapy. I'm hoping to get out a bit early because I also have a WW meeting tonight. If I get out early I can hit the 2-5 one, otherwise it is from 5:30-8:30-just what I want to be doing on a Friday night that difficult child heads to respite-NOT!

difficult child is going to respite but only for one night this month-I hope we are able to get back to two nights soon. Last night we couldn't believe difficult child was awake so late. I went upstairs at 10 and heard him with husband for at least another hour. husband just told me that difficult child thought he had taken his medications but hadn't. (I do believe difficult child.) It truly drives home how much he needs those medications-who knows what time he would have fallen asleep if he hadn't gotten them at all!

Wishing everyone a peaceful, happy first day of spring!:icecream: Hi if you snuck in!

Andy

Good Morning
We have to be out the door in about 15 minutes.

Who took our warm weather and gave us RAIN??? :surprise: And COLD!!! :surprise: I want our warm weather back! Please? Just for one day?

Rain/Freezing rain this morning for us. SNOW for the cities where difficult child and his class are headed. Not nice, not nice at all!

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.

Keep our van of kids in your thoughts and prayers today! Wonder how difficult child is going to react?

LittleDudesMom

:bunny_ears:Well, Good Friday Morning and Happy Spring to all of you in the U.S.!!

I've already been to the gym for water fitness class, done the grocery shopping, filled the car with gas and got a car wash! Been up since 4:30! Now I'm ready to clean the downstairs and prep for the big cousin weekend.....I'm so excited!

TM, sorry your internal alarm clock went off so early this morning! Hopefully you've gotten more rest and Ducky is off to school.

Sharon, sounds like a full day for you today. Are you all having a leaders meeting or something at WW? Hope the day goes well and you are able to make the earlier meeting and take advantage of some down time with difficult child in respite.

Marg, WOW, sounds like a realy busy day for you! Hope you got to bed early and have a slower paced Saturday.

Andy, sorry spring left. It's lovely and sunny here but still on the chilly side.

Wishing everyone a great Free Choice Friday!

Sharon :alien: