Good friday morning

Hi Everyone:bloodshot:,

I'm on my second cup of coffee and waiting for the "jolt" to kick in :coffee2:. I want to get my morning jog/run in soon. It's supposed to be very humid, in the low 80's with scattered thunder showers, rain...

This summer has been so strange - Most days it's just felt like early spring or fall. We haven't turned on the AC yet or even used fans (today could be the first time) and we're already way into July...

After my jog, I have a couple hours of work. Then, if the weather report is wrong and it turns out just to be hot and sunny, I'll head to the beach for a few hours.:beach: If I go, I need to remember to pick up fish on the way back for dinner.

I hope that all of you who are headed to Cleveland have an excellent time and a safe trip!!! I wish I could have joined you but this year it just isn't possible - Maybe on a future trip...???

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile ... :sunny: SFR

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

SFR, sounds like a busy day ahead for you.

I'm up, moving slowly, but up. Hitting the shower in the next 20 minutes so I can get out of the construction crews way. The hardwood floors are being finished from bed bedroom all the way through the kitchen today & tomorrow.

I need to shower dress, get my bed "unmade" so it can be taken apart before the crew comes in at 9.

My flight departs at one or so ~ should hit Cleveland around 4:15. We'll post pictures.

Have a good day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

SFR-I hope the sun stays out so you get to the beach!!!

Linda-ENJOY!!!!

It's a cool morning here-only suppose to get into the 60s, like SFR we are having a strange summer. We've had only one really hot week and that was in June.

Lots to do today to finish getting ready for our trip. In addition, I need to get in a workout since I ended up skipping yesterday.

Wishing everyone in Cleveland a fantastic time:) I'll be thinking of you!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

N

Nomad

Sadly, I'm working on a homework assignment and am already on my third cup of coffee. At my age, it seems funny to talk about homework. I hope to go the gym in a few hours. Then finish a reading assignment. Then, perhaps run a few errands.

Wishing everyone good luck and fun in Cleveland and am looking forward to seeing photos. :D

jodyice

Good morning everyone! Sounds like a busy day. Sprinkled a bit here earlier this morning. Feels a bit cooler now, hope it remains, yesterday was awful with the humidity, I shouldn't had left the house. lol Not planning on doing much today, forgot a few things when we were out shopping yesterday so need to pick that stuff up but mostly want to relax, been in a lot of pain lately. Anyway hope all have a wonderful day, God bless.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

SFR, I hope you get your jog in soon. Sorry the weather hasn't really been summery yet; maybe head for the beach anyway and enjoy it as it is. I find later in summer is best, when the water temperature is at its warmest.

Linda, your floors will be lovely when they're done. The place will be all done while you're away enjoying the get-together.

Sharon/WO, travel safely.

Nomad, head down, tail up. I hope you get through your workload and still have time to get to the gym as well.

Joanne, if you get out early for your shopping then get back before the heat of the day, you can do it without the heat affecting you too badly.

It's been a busy but productive day. I took mother in law out shopping, she had to get her hearing aids serviced and get a few urgent items. Meanwhile I had set the crockpot to cook half the dinner (it was all it could hold). I had cooked the other half overnight on a very slow hot plate.

When we got home I had a much-needed catnap then got up and finished off the casserole by thickening it. Then we took it all down to mother in law's place along with all the kids and their partners. She was saying how lonely the place is when it's so quiet - we filled the house with noise and all had dinner down there which she didn't have to cook for. Of course she had to do something soe she had made a self-saucing chocolate pudding - that and the casserole, wonderful cold weather comfort food - then we produced the birthday cake I'd smuggled home in the car without her realising it. easy child & sister in law arrived just in time for dinner so we had all the family there for dinner, a surprise 85th birthday celebration for mother in law.

easy child & sister in law gave her a lovely album of wedding photos (including some lovely photos we haven't seen yet) and easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 gave her a red scarf I'd actually seen mother in law longing over earlier today and sneakily bought when she wasn't looking. She actually went back to buy it and was disappointed to find it sold - then we gave it to her tonight, she was delighted.

Tomorrow is busy too - I'm going wedding register shopping with easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 then in the evening we have a performance of our choir, followed by a farewell dinner for a missionary friend at church. mother in law has said she wants to come to both of these (I warned her our choir isn't too good).

husband wanted to take mother in law shopping for garden lights but she doesn't want to get too tired.

I tihnk I'm going to need to sleep on Sunday!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All!

easy child and I have already hit the gym and enjoyed the hot tub this morning! We are on our way outside to clean out the old car since the lease turn in is tomorrow! It's been sitting in the back of the driveway for the last month and I've been putting it off. Later this afternoon we are out to look at used cars for easy child!

Have a great time in Cleveland to all our members who are making the journey! Linda, we best get a good batch of pics!

Sharon