Good Friday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Friday is here at last! What started as a free weekend has turned into something quite busy. Gymnastics tonight, fitting for championship jackets tonight, finally buy Duckie a pumpkin tomorrow, a girl scout outing tomorrow, an exhibition game on Sunday and grocery shopping. I'm thrilled, lol! :tongue:

Have a great day! :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi TM, glad Duckie is feeling well enough to be so busy.

I'm still at mom's but I am facing a day of doctors and other caretaker chores today.
I do get a break by going to a surprise birthday party Sat. night with husband in NYC. Wish I could stay more than 24hrs but life is pulling at my party skirt.
We should know more about whether mom has improved or not but she seems better. Sigh.

Meanwhile difficult child is keeping the home fires going and doing a good job with the dogs and house.
Have a good Friday.

Happy Friday Everyone!

Wow, TM, that's a lot of activity. I hope you can work in some moments of relaxation in between everything.

We're still adjusting to the quick jump into cold weather here. It's quite unusual for this time of year, but we're adapting. difficult child has to attend a concert and write a review of the performance for his music class, so the entire family is going to a symphony orchestra concert Saturday. Even easy child is tagging along! I'm really looking forward to it.

Our renovation is moving along, and all of our new tile floors are installed. It's wonderful to have access to our bathrooms. Interior painting is next, and none of us are looking forward to helping easy child empty out his bedroom for the painters. His book and record collections are enormous and that translates into .... heavy :0

difficult child seems to be getting into the hang of college life - as best he can. He periodically comes home excited about his Physics lab and spends time showing me the concepts involved. I'm just hoping that this interest translates into a passing grade! difficult child loves learning but he doesn't see the necessity of conforming to the requirements of his teachers! It's very difficult waiting to the end of the semester to see difficult child's grades, but parents aren't part of the college equation.

I hope that everyone has a peaceful day with some moments of relaxation for themselves...

Valerie

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:sick::D
Tired, you have a great weekend planned!

Now, I am not complaining, I am just a little confused and not sure what is going on with difficult child. On Wed, he received his part 2 Hep A vaccine and a nasal flu mist vaccine. He didn't feel up to par that night but I just chalked it up to anxiety of the vaccines. We were late for the 11:20 shots (left psychiatrist's appointment 15 min later than I was planning) so had to wait until 3:00 for the shot. I told difficult child that we should not be surprised if we were offered the flu shot (the appointment was just for the Hep A). difficult child was anxious all day about it to the point that he felt his arm go stiff in anticipation.

That night on the way home, he stated he had a headache so I gave him Ibuprofen. A few hours later as he was falling asleep, he had about 10 minutes of very deep coughing, the kind you get from being sick for a while.

Yesterday morning, he woke up with a severe headache so I gave him medications and allowed him to stay home from school with the plan he goes in when the headache disappears.

By 1:00, he felt much better and off to school he went (he has language arts and math the end of the day). When he got home, he seemed fine, said he felt just a little sick at school. He has a stuffy nose.

Then, an hour after coming home, I helped him with math and he asked to go into a room that is usually warmer. He was cold and had the chills. I took his temp and it was 101.9. He also had body aches. I gave him more medications.

A few hours later, his temp went down to below 100 degrees and he felt better. As he was going to bed, another headache started so more medications. Also, about 5 minutes of that deep cough you usually don't hear until the kid has been sick for awhile with a cough.

This morning he is stuffy but no temps and no headaches. He has a temp of 100.2.

I am glad he is not more sick, but this is a confusing illness - if it is/was the flu, why are his symptoms not continuing for longer? Would it be a side effect of the vaccines? According to the sheets, it could be. Anyone know how long it takes the side effects to show themselves?

So, we have a family get together tomorrow that is now up in the air - can't go if difficult child is sick. :(

Mattsmom277

Good morning everyone!

I've been up since a ghastly 4a.m. Yuck! I finished a enjoyable novel while sipping a tea and cuddling easy child's rat until he fell asleep in the crook of my neck with the cat in my lap. It was so quiet with everyone still sleeping. It was in a way kind of nice. By noon, I'll be needing a nap!

Woke up to everything covered in white snow. I have mixed feelings about the season starting in October. For today, I'm glad I didn't have to wake up and head out to cold dark morning.

Quiet weekend here. Only "plan" is easy child's hockey practice on Sunday. I've decided to spend today making food for the entire weekend so I don't have to cook at all!

I'll be making a huge crockpot lasagna and a pizza pasta casserole, a couple of apples pies and prepping some homemade bruscetta bread for heating when meals are ready. At least the house will smell good.

Hoping to go to Where the Wild Things Are at some point.

Happy weekend everyone

Andy

Fran and 1 day, you both snuck in on me.

Fran, I am glad you get a fun break.

1 day, the concert will be wonderful!