Good Friday Morning!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday Friends!

Our book club chose what seems like some great books for the year ahead! We had lots of fun last night at our first get together since May.

By now I am usually on my way to boot camp. We had the alarm set. husband told me he felt like a skip day but would go if I wanted. I way too readily agreed (even though I really need the workout, however I did get one in yesterday) because I feel a migraine coming on and am hoping to catch it before it gets full blown.

Long day ahead as well because I scheduled a conference for a parent after work this afternoon. I almost never schedule anything on Fridays but this parent has two highly autistic children (not the student in my class) and this was the only day she could come and have only one of them be there which she said would be way easier. I didn't even think about not offering it to her because I know what that is like.

Tonight I may be ready to collapse but I think husband wants to go to movie so I'll try to sneak in a nap.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone

Sharon--sounds like you have quite a day ahead of you. I hope you are able to stop that migraine in its tracks. And I hope your parent-teacher meeting goes well. Even if there are difficult subjects to discuss, the fact that you can empathise with her and possibly offer constructive suggestions will likely go a long way in helping the situation. Enjoy the movies tonight.

Tense day ahead for me. I had to have a staff member removed from my team this week. Not only has he been unproductive, but also a negative force dragging the whole team down. Fortunately, the organization has been able to reassign him (I would hate to let someone go in this economy), and I have meetings with his new boss for the transition. I hope that the meeting with D's new boss goes well -- I want it to be more of a "where can we put him that best meets his skills?" rather than a "what did he do wrong?" meeting.

I also have a meeting with my new staff member to get him up to speed. He's someone I've worked with before, so I'm confident he can pick up the mess left behind, clean it up and "git 'er done". THAT can be more of a "what went wrong, and how can we fix it?" meeting, but I don't want to badmouth the predecessor there either.

After work, I plan to make a giant bowl of popcorn and sit down in front of the tv with husband and Little easy child to watch Mary Poppins. It's one of our family favourites, and the children's bedtime songs all come from that movie, so it will be a treat to watch again.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Trinity

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning, TGIF!

Sharon, hope the meeting goes well and that you're able to squeeze in that nap. Which movie are you going to see?

Trinity, sounds like you are ready for a weekend to decompress. We are also in the process of an employee shift in my office. Unfortunately, we are not large enough to move people around so we will have to let one more gentleman go. He's a super sweet man but his nickname is Eeyore, so I understand what you mean about dragging the team down.

Lots to do at work today but I am feeling like I may be coming down with something so I'm not sure if I will last the day. Did some housework late last night so I could use the weekend to focus on my HW. easy child stopped by last night whining about her life, oy. difficult child was not officially offered the job where she's been a temp but she enjoys it and we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, I'm glad you have some good book club choices. I also get the occasional need to skip the workout. Today especially, I can relate to that.

Trinity, here's hoping that the staff re-shuffle brings a fast increase in productivity. I've had situations like this and knew we'd made a good call when, almost within a day, the mood in the place lifted and the job seemed easier, and yet we got a lot more accomplished. Fingers crossed it's this way for you.

Jo, be gentle with yourself today, so if you are coming down with something, it won't hit you do hard over the weekend.

I don't know why but my pain levels have been bad the last few days. Yesterday was not good, today was a shocker. I took extra pain medications (I'm allowed to boot if I need to) and it still didn't help. It's sustained-release pain medications so although I generally get some improvement after an hour or so, it can take six hours. Well, ten hours later and the pain is still bad. It stops me in my tracks when it's this bad; I couldn't concentrate on anything.
difficult child 3 worked better today but still didn't make his quota. At least he is motivated to put in the effort over the weekend. Here's hoping he can follow through.

We just got back from dinner at mother in law's. She cooked tonight for a change. She needs to feel useful but I think she found it very stressful to "cook for so many people" - four of us including her! She made a very tasty casserole and has been fussing that she didn't make enough; nothing we can say will reassure her, because she had a full pot which cooked down a lot. It's exhausting sometimes trying to reassure her; one reason why I prefer to do the cooking. I love to cook anyway; she hates it.

Tomorrow night is easy - husband stops at the fish market and buys fresh fish which he quickly pan-fries in a little butter. No flour, no batter, nothing. It's simple and delicious. I might cook some rice tonight so I can make a simple fried rice to go with the fish.

Time to head for bed soon. Here's hoping I can get some sleep with pain sufficiently under control. Maybe it's the weather - very changeable. We're beginning to get the mid-afternoon storms after a warm-ish day. Usually they don't start until summer, when the storm is a welcome relief from a hot, humid day. I remember when I was a kid, I used to love walking home in the rain, letting my clothes get soaked to cool me off. Even these days in summer (not right now!) we often stand out in the rain on a hot day.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg