Good Friday Morning

Hi Everyone,

Today is supposed to be a nice sunny day without lots of humidity, highs in low 70's.:D I'm finally looking forward to going for a jog this afternoon!

difficult child 2 seems to be spiraling downwards. husband and I are going to have a long talk with him this weekend. Even though he is dependent on us, his life coach, etc., he doesn't think he needs any more help with his ADL's. He is refusing to do anything he doesn't want to do. He just wants to ride his bike, play with his monkey toys, and eat lots of junk food. He has had a few major "melt-downs" and his life coach was shocked by the intensity of them. Hoping we can get him back on the right path soon! difficult children seem to always be on an endless roller coaster ride...

Aside from the problems with difficult child 2, I'm hoping to have a relaxing weekend - Maybe a picnic lunch by the water on Sunday without kids, just husband and my "favorite sanity saver..."

Heading to the kitchen for some more caffeine - Hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend... SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone. TGIF.
SFR, if nothing else, I have learned that life with difficult child has been an endless roller coaster of hope and despair. Disengaging has helped make the ups and downs a little less emotional,personal or traumatic. We still see the struggle from a big, sweet kid who wants to play and the adult who peeks out and tries to fit into the adult world. Good luck with your talk. Hopefully, it will get him on track. We just have no confidence in our difficult child that he will be consistent. He tries and then doesn't keep with it regardless of positive or negative reinforcement.

We got home from Pa. yesterday. It's so nice to get back in my own home. Now, it's time to catch up on the work here. There should be a little break from the excessive heat today. I love the mornings watching the birds and drinking coffee in my little garden. A few peaceful minutes does the soul a lot of good doesn't it?

Enjoy your summer weekend.

It's Friday... at last!

SFR, It sounds like glorious weather, enjoy your jog! We know that roller coaster well, it never seems to stop moving. I'm hoping for a little "leveling off" for you all this weekend. A picnic lunch by the water will surely help with that .

Fran, It's so good to hear from you - I know you are happy to be home. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Enjoy your moments of peace in the garden. It doesn't get any better than that, does it?

husband and I spoke this morning and agreed that we both are a bundle of excitement, nerves, fear, and dread. Quite a combination, eh? Our contract for our house sale is signed ,and our downsizing is well on the way. I'm working hard not to second guess our choices, but it seems to be my nature. We'll be moving 7.1 and having an estate sale 7.15 and 7.16. As our mover said, we're doing a major purge. We've already tossed out a small truckload and the culling continues this weekend :).

In addition, sister in law and brother in law are visiting this weekend (it was pre-planned trust me!). She is participating in another arts festival this weekend (she is a jewelry maker). The temps here are in the mid 90's. Yuck... not good packing weather.

difficult child seems to be doing amazing well with this process thus far. He seems excited about a move , but we've lived in this house since his birth - so it will be a BIG change for him. Our fingers are crossed that his viewpoint continues.

I hope everyone has a wonderful spring/almost summer weekend. Please find some moments of peace for yourselves.

Valerie

Marguerite

A really quick hi from Down Under. It's early Sat morning here, we had a fairly busy day today. Saw difficult child 3's therapist then on the way back, dropped in so difficult child 3 could have a look at the MRI machine and understand what is involved. He's booked in for Monday afternoon.

Tomorrow I have my writing workshop, I've done my prep and I'm ready for bed.

Have a great Friday, everyone.

Marg