Good Karma or Twilight Zone?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Doo deee doooo doooo..........

Ok. So easy child, Nichole, and I head to cincy today to do some shopping at some great second hand stores. easy child is driving her Jeep.

After the first store we stow our prizes in the back, while easy child puts Darrin in his carseat. easy child complains as she's backing out that the child gate I bought is blocking her view from the rear window and asks Nichole to move it. Nichole looks back and tries, says she can't because there is a carpet shampooer back there taking up most of the space.

easy child: Carpet shampooer? What carpet shampooer?
Nichole: The carpet shampooer in the back, I'm lookin' right at it.
easy child: I don't own a carpet shampooer. Are you sure it's a carpet shampooer???
Nichole: Mom used to have one just like it. I know a carpet shampooer when I see one. And stop looking at me like I'm crazy.
easy child: Where did that come from?? Mom, did husband borrow your shampooer?
Me: No.
Nichole: It's not Mom's, it's a Bissel, Mom has a Hoover.
easy child: What the heck is going on?
Me: Did your husband borrow it from his Mom?
easy child: Maybe.....

So, we leave it at that and continue to shop.

Later easy child calls her husband at his parents house to ask about the carpet shampooer in the back of the jeep. sister in law claims to know nothing about it. At first easy child thinks he's kidding her because he's always yanking her chain. But when his parents in the background are just as confused as sister in law, and sister in law swears he has no clue what she's talking about.....She has to believe him.

sister in law: Did you leave the Jeep unlocked at work again?
easy child: I don't think so, but people TAKE things from unlocked cars, they don't put like new carpet cleaners INTO unlocked cars!
sister in law: Well, maybe someone had another person drop a shampooer off and said my Jeep is parked in the parking lot and unlocked, just stick it in there. But they got the wrong Jeep.
easy child: Maybe. But now what do I do?

sister in law told her he knows the carpet shampooer has been in the back of the Jeep for at least a week. He saw it, he just thought she'd borrowed it from me. Which is why he never thought to mention it to her.

So the lowdown is, easy child has a mysterious like brand new carpet shampooer in the back of her Jeep. She has no idea where it came from.

Good karma? easy child has been in need of a shampooer for a long time just didn't want to shell out the money for one.

Or Twilight Zone?

:hypnosis:

So, now easy child doesn't know what to do with this shampooer. She's gonna hold on to it and hope someone mentions something about it at work and she can return it to the person who was meant to receive it. She's afraid to mention it at work or ask about it because she doesn't want someone claiming it who doesn't own it.

Weird.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Lisa,

Very freaky! :scared::surprise::vampire:

I'd have gone back to the first store & contacted security. Then again, since it's been found that the carpet cleaner had been in the car all week - heck, I don't know.

You can put a "found" ad in the paper if you're bothered by this.

Or it's a message that easy child really needs to clean her carpets.:targetpractice: This is me ducking - :stalker::irock:

I'm intrigued - let me know if you find the answer to this mystery.

meowbunny

She could try to find out if anyone owns a Jeep similar to hers. That way, she could let the word out that something was left in her car, but not what. I bet someone is really mad at a friend for the stupidity.

What's scary is that there was no awareness that it was in her Jeep for a week. It really is important to check the back seats of vehicles or storage areas if open style like SUVs. To not check is just dangerous in this era.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
You could post a found ad in the most common area of your office, but do not let on what kind of cleaner it is - the person claiming it must know what kind it is, and perhaps the color.

Otherwise, you could consider it a difficult child!

Coookie

OH MY!! :surprise:

It is a little scary that it has been there for a week. I'm not sure what I would do.

Let us know what happens OK?

Hugs

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Linda that easy child is needing to clean her carpets, and has been for a while, is where the good karma part comes in. lmao

This is too wierd.

easy child isn't sure if it was put in at work or somewhere else. But odds are it was probably at work. So hopefully asking around about who owns a Jeep and if someone was supposed to drop something off for someone and they didn't get it will turn up who the shampooer belongs to.

I'm also thinking the person who was supposed to drop off that shampooer is in deep doo doo right now. lol

I know I'd be furious if one of my kids stuck my shampooer in someone else's car by mistake. The thing cost me over 300 bucks.

easy child really hopes she can find out who it belongs to. But if it was dropped of in the hospital parking lot, the shampooer could belong to any of the employees there.

I'll keep you updated.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Are you SURE this isn't a scheme for easy child (since she owns the jeep) or Nicole (maybe tells you she has no money but loans to easy child for scrubber) to GET a carpet cleaner - pay for it but NOT admit to spending the money??

something is fishier than carp here.

And just FREAKY.

If someone at work dropped off the carpet cleaner for someone AT work - and thinks that someone would claim it - but not be theirs? I'd put up a general ad that says "I found something in my jeep = if it's a gift - thank you. If it belongs to you and got put into MY jeep by accident then YOU know what it is already. I'm giving everyone till (date) to claim it and then I'm keeping it.

That is an honest and anonymous note. Whomever was supposed to get the carpet cleaner put in their jeep maybe by a friend or something will know it's a carpet cleaner - no need to even admit what it is -

I'm still smelling fish.

And Twilight Zone.

NOT a good combo.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, the mystery is solved. And there was no twilight zone involved.

About a week or so ago, easy child and sister in law helped a friend move. Friends wife had run out of room in the truck for the shampooer to fit, and she was afraid of it being damaged. So she put in into the back of the Jeep. Then it was forgotten with all of the chaos of the move.

So said shampooer is back home safe and sound.:cutie_pie:

I have a feeling easy child will be checking the back space in the Jeep from now on before she gets inside. lol

Hugs

witzend

Well, the mystery is solved. And there was no twilight zone involved.

About a week or so ago, easy child and sister in law helped a friend move. Friends wife had run out of room in the truck for the shampooer to fit, and she was afraid of it being damaged. So she put in into the back of the Jeep. Then it was forgotten with all of the chaos of the move.

So said shampooer is back home safe and sound.:cutie_pie:

I have a feeling easy child will be checking the back space in the Jeep from now on before she gets inside. lol

Hugs

Too bad she didn't put it to good use before she sent it back!