Good Last-Sunday-of-Summer Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All!

It's a little quiet around here this holiday weekend! It's so hard to believe that this is the last Sunday of summer :sad-very:. You all know how much I love winter and snow, but summer is such a great time around here - flexible work schedule, later sleeping in hours, no "Do you have homework?" questions......

difficult child is ready. His new high school backpack (gotta include the cool factor with backpack and lunchbox!) is packed with one of his new FiveStars, pens, pencils, etc. He put everything together Friday afternoon. Hopefully my optimistic outlook on high school will translate into reality. He does not really appear nervous or apprehensive.....

Believe it or not, I'm going to the office today! Bonehead is heading out of town early Tuesday for a few days. I really need to pull some numbers together. Many of our vendors give us a discount if we pay by the 10th which is this week while he's gone. When you are doing a big project like we have going now, that discount translates into thousands a month! I could go in tomorrow, but I think I will enjoy my last day of summer by not doing anything! So, I'll go in today while everything is quiet and leave him the figures so he can leave me instructions for when he is gone.

After that, who knows. difficult child and I were thinking about a movie, but the weather is so lovely today - highs on at 82 - that I think we should head out on our bikes this afternoon. We'll see - I'll let him make the call since it's kinda the waning vacation syndrome!

Have a great, and hopefully, lazy Sunday.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-I'm glad difficult child does not seem apprehensive about high school! I bet he will love it!! Sorry you have to work today but I think it's a good idea to enjoy that last day of summer tomorrow!

Fairly exhausted here but for a good reason. Friday we dropped difficult child off at respite (easy child/difficult child stayed home with our dog) and headed to Michigan. Yesterday we went to the first game of the season in Ann Arbor and our team looked really good-we won 30-10 Go Blue!! Then we decided to drive all the way home (well actually husband drove-I was was too tired) so we could relax some today before picking up difficult child. We arrived home at a bit before 2 a.m. this morning!

Not only was the game great but the temps were amazingly cool-felt just like autumn. At one point I was actually cold and I had on jeans, t-shirt, and a sweatshirt!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

Good morning from the first Sunday of spring (Down Under)!

Sharon/LDM, I hope school goes well this year for difficult child. Good for you getting the bills paid on time.

Sharon/WO, congrats on your team winning. It would have helped fuel you for that long drive home.

We had gale-force winds last night. Woke to power out, then back on for long enough for husband to boil the kettle and make a cup of tea for himself. Then power out again, all morning. And me with a pot in the fridge all ready to be put on for a long, slow cook...

Today despite the gales, the sun was out and it was warm (out of the wind). mother in law rang - her brick fence came down with the wind, we had a look and made sure it was safe. Tried to call the insurance company but there was major damage all round Sydney. All over the east coast of Australia, actually, from this weather system.

We visited the monthly market (funny - no marquees up, I wonder why...) in the park overlooking the bay. We could see that the waves were running high, the ferry was not running (it began to run again later in the day when the winds died down) and the place was not crowded.
A busy day, pottering - I'd bought some plants (still haven't put them in the ground). One plant is one of my favourites, a paper daisy (also known as everlasting daisy, you can cut the flowers and hang them up to dry, they stay looking fresh and perky forever - years). When we got back from the market (we got difficult child 3 to drive - with the gales, we felt it was good practice to get him to drive a tall, lightweight van through the crosswinds) the power flickered back on and I immediately put my pot on to slow-cook (I LOVE my induction cooktop!). Then we walked to our neighbour's whose studio was open, he's done another portrait (well, half-done) and is getting ready for an upcoming exhibition. When it's on I'll post a link.

From there down to mother in law's for dinner. My slow-cooked pot (rouladen) turned out beautifully, the best one I've ever made. We wanted a special dinner for Father's Day. A bit puzzled that of all the kids, easy child seemed to be the one who had forgotten to call her dad (apart from difficult child 3 - we don't expect him to remember, even when reminded). Turns out she had rung earlier while we were out. After she rang again, we called the insurance company and lodged the claim for the fence.

Just after dinner I got a text on my phone form a good friend. She had apparently called this afternoon too, while we were out. So I dropped in on her, turns out she needed a shoulder. Nothing too drastic, I hope.

This evening - not a breath of wind. Clear skies, stars seem close enough to touch. The skies have been swept clean and sparkling.

Big day tomorrow - I have my check-up with the surgeon, then we're heading in to the city for difficult child 3's school, some face to face lessons. We should be heading straight home afterwards, I will be tired. I need to do a little shopping on the way.

It's going to be a busy week.

The weather is definitely warming up and I am so glad - it has seemed to be a very long, bleak winter.

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning to all of you.
LDM, I am so loving the weather. The dogs can't get enough of the cool mornings. Don't work too hard today but sounds wise to get it out of the way.
with-O, Rah, Rah for your team winning. Rest up for difficult child and the school year starting
Marguerite, Happy Father's Day to Mr. Marge.
We have enjoyed our mellow weekend so far. husband and difficult child are unpacking the storage shed of difficult child's worldly possessions otherwise known as gadgets and junk.
Long walks with the dogs in the woods since the temps have dropped.
Last night we watched "Date Night" with Tina Fey. It's hysterical. If you get the opportunity, watch it.
Today we are going to see The American with George Clooney in the afternoon. In between we have more things to do for difficult child and another long walk with the dogs. Tonight will be big hamburgers on the grill, corn on the cob and watermelon. Typical summer fare.

difficult child is showing signs of stress. Lots of crankiness and irritability and overly focused thinking.

All in all a nice weekend. Hope yours is wonderful.

Jena

Good morning everyone............ been a while since i've done this......

Sharon - I hope you have a great day whatever you guys do today, good luck at work and it's awesome that difficult child is all good with-high school!!! :)

Sharon - Wow, is all I can say that's alot of driving!! lol. You are a great example for me today and inspiration actually hearing how you both made that drive to see the game(taking care of yourselves!!) and really enjoyed it. i know your giong to be tired today though :( yet you will have memories of a great day!!

Marg - everytime i read your words i laugh that you are soo far away. I have no idea why it makes me laugh still........ yet there you are heading into summer and hear we are heading into fall and winter! gotta love the internet how it pulls everyone on same page.. happy fathers day to Mr. Marge, sounds like you had a great, busy day. good luck tmrw.!

Fran - that is the funniest movie. we watched it on the way to mexico and on the way home! Tina Fey is great! Ever see Baby Momma?? anyway have a great day......... and quiet walks in woods with dog is always great. that's what i do with our new dog. or we do beach sometimes.

Today I am painting a smile on my face and being POSITIVE! yes, that's right miserable me lately. i'm taking easy child and difficult child shopping for school clothes again. we began last week. it's absolutely beautiful here today. tmrw we are taking kids to central park for a picnic and to do the zoo and walk around. I was going to do the beach yet central park is great! difficult child was up till 3 last night with-us. we gave her luvox let's just say we wont' be going there again. husband and i watched master chef our favorite show and difficult child laid in bed with-us and watched it. things just been a challenge lately sorry i've complained so much I know i have alot to be grateful for. it's just soo hard at times and i'm so tired :)

hope everyone has a great day today!