Good luck to all!

lovelyboy

Just wanted to let all of you know that I am thinking of all who starts the new school year today or soon!
Our school starts next week......I am really not looking forward to this, son is already starting to complain.....I still need to put the info together to meet with his new teacher before the school starts....take son to see his new classroom, exct!
To even make it more complicated...little brother is starting school the same day....first day ever in "big school"!
Let us know if you have any nice tips to make the transition easier!
Strenghts! Give big hugs to all the brave kids!

tiredmommy

Um, I'm ready, lol! Bag and lunch packed; clothes laid out and alarms set...

Not that Duckie was particularly difficult over break, she was pretty pleasant overall. Just WAY too much togetherness, lol! We were so busy for most of the break that, when she did have an evening or afternoon to spare, she just wasn't motivated to call her friends to get together. I guess I should be happy that she wants to spend time with her parents, but..... I'm ready for my own little break, Know what I mean??

T

TeDo

Lovelyboy, I hope things go well for your little guys. It must be somewhat hard sending them BOTH off to school.

In the States, kids have completed almost 1/2 a school year already. We can't wait for our kids to go back after about 2 weeks of Christmas break.

T

TeDo

TM, I had 2 FULL weeks. MY kids don't start until NEXT Monday. UGH. How lucky can YOU get?!?

InsaneCdn

Ummm.... we could use about another two weeks... (we had 2 already)...

difficult child isn't ready to go back... and he's a bit behind, and he's heading into finals in 4 weeks...
He'll get through THAT, but... next term? starting from a deficit?
(ugh)

T

TeDo

Sorry to hear that Insane. What would you do with those extra two weeks to help/change the situation? Hmmm

InsaneCdn

Sorry to hear that Insane. What would you do with those extra two weeks to help/change the situation? Hmmm
What difficult child really needs is that two week break to be AFTER exams, rather than a month before - enough to "transition" from one term to another.
The extra two weeks NOW would be...
- time to get a couple things caught up
- time to start review for finals
- extra sleep and other "recovery" activities

Two weeks just doesn't cut it - we use half the summer just getting difficult child built back to "kinda normal".

T

TeDo

Wow. I am glad we don't have exams....at least not yet!! I can totally understand what THAT would be like. difficult child 1 would FLIP OUT if he had any final exams. Good thing I don't see college in his future I guess.

LittleDudesMom

difficult child goes back today -- he had two weeks and one day! I'm one of those crazy moms who always loved school breaks!

difficult child was up this morning at 4!!!! I heard him going down and called out to him. He was afraid if he went back to sleep he wouldn't get up in time!!!

I have a feeling he will be zonked by the end of the school day!

Sharon

StressedM0mma

difficult child was supposed to go back today. Yeah what was I thinking. She stayed up all night working, and when she didn't get everything done, she refused to go to school. She thought that school would be canceled because of snow. What she doesn't understand is that she is so far behind, that she is not going to be able to catch up this quarter. Finals are i 2 weeks, and she is so far behind that I hate to admit it, but it is hopeless. And, of course the school is not helping.
I truly am at my end with dealing with this. I am so tired and frustrated. And angry. And at a loss. I am angry that it took from October until now to get things underway to get her help. Her 4:00 therapist appointment. can't come soon enough. Maybe I can get her to go for a little while after lunch? Yeah who am I kidding.

buddy

Lovelyboy, dont they do a visit day or anything for your little one? that is such a big emotional day for MOM! LOL

TeDo, if you want, can't you just start them out without the online part since you do it from home or do they know the schedule so well that it would just be a disaster?

Sharon, I love it too. We have less stress and so overall he does better. We only had last week plus Monday off.

IC I agree, they need a mental health break after exams more like college. Poor kid.

Stressed, sorry. I wonder if you just take this stress off her plate, even though SHE says she wants to stay in the classes etc. if things will improve after she fusses over it. Maybe she needs the decision 100% taken out of her hands. The doctor could just do it, and tell her today... no more school, needs home bound until she shows normal sleep patterns and improved mental health. If you are really done with it, and there is no chance of school recovery, then why go through more weeks of that? There are times in life when we all have to put our health before what we want to do (school, work, even kids)....maybe she needs to learn that lesson???? Just a thought. My heart breaks for you guys.

Q is still sleeping. I will wake him and give medications at our normal school time even though today we have two doctor appointments and then this afternoon we have his counseling appointment right after school. he used his galaxy player while out with Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) to take pictures of her from the back side and she asked him not to (and I told him NO taking pictures of people without permission anyway... certainly not teasing like that, he thought it was funny) so he has the internet turned off and was not happy. (closest I could come to a logical consequence, I had told him if he didn't use the galaxy player appropriately then he would not be able to access the things he likes like espn sports scores, youtube nascar crashes etc. because I can't trust he will use any of it appropriately...) Today is the first day I have to start the routine of he gives it to me to go to school or he does not get to go (I know, some of us have kids who wont go and others who want to go no matter what but it helps me to enforce rules).

Hope today goes well for those who are heading off to class. Peace to those who are not. I will be anxious to hear how the days went later on!

Wiped Out

Staff member
We don't go back until Monday which is a double edged sword! I'm so glad to be off until then just wish difficult child wasn't as well!:)

lovelyboy

Thanx Buddy......we had the introduction late last year.....little one isnt eager to go to this school.......
Oldest.....well you know....we have to meet the teacher a day before.....to give her some info......dont know if she knows anything about Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)!
I just naturally stresses up thinking of all the dynamics with 2 kids to meet new teacher.....little one hanging on....mommies heart braking.....difficult child not really wanting to go.....I just know the anxiety before hand and so on!