Good Middle of the Week Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:pumpkin: Good Morning!

Woke to pouring rain this morning - you know the kind of morning you want to just roll over, pull up the covers and go back to sleep........

Yesterday we got a knock on the door around 5:30 - power company rep - transformer across the street was pulling too much power, unsafe - we have to cut your power for a little while. I'm thinking, man difficult child is not going to like this - he just got bought the new Fallout game on the way home from school - he's been waiting and saving....

So I tell difficult child and he's ok with it. Then the guy comes back and says it will have to be replaced and the 5 houses on that grid will be without power until probably midnight or so!

difficult child handles the news great! So he and I spent a couple hours playing cards by candlelight! We played, hearts, then war and then he asked me to teach him how to play poker - so I taught him how to play 5 card draw, deuces wild! Even broke out the poker chips. For someone who just learned to play, he sure took the majority of the chips! Then we found a charge left on his portable dvd player so we laid in his bed and watched 1/2 of The Dark Knight. All in all, a nice mom and son evening!

Lots of errands this morning - I will probably spend about 3 hours out this morning running around. I hate to say it, but I've one more thing to get and then all my Christmas shopping for the kids is done! The plumber finally has some time for me this afternoon and is coming to install a new toilet in my downstairs bath, fix the seal on my upstairs guestroom toilet, replace the shower head in my shower, and recaulk the shower enclosure in the guest room (as long as he is here I figure I might as well get some work done that's been needed for awhile). If you remember, I had a leak in my living room ceiling about 5 weeks ago! He's been so busy on our big project downtown that he hasn't been able to get here.

But, I don't want to have the painter fix the hole in the ceiling until I know there are no more leaks! Want to get that ceiling fixed before the holidays begin!

Hope your Wed is a smooth one :vampire:

Sharon

Rabbit

Good morning . Hope everyone has a great day! Looking forward to vet visit tomorrow although I doubt our cat Bob is.
I think knock wood he is feeling a little better. As most of u know he has FIP but knock wood is hanging in there. Thank God!

Sharon-All your Christmas shopping almost done. I am impressed as I will be in line at Toys R us at the the very last minute for sure! Lol
Enjoy your day!

Sending HUGS to all Rabbit
:D

P>S> the pix in my avatar is Lizzie not Bob

Marguerite

G'day for Wednesday.

Sharon/LDM, good for difficult child, not blowing a gasket with the power outage. The night of board games by candelight sounds restful.

Rabbit, I hope the vet visit goes OK.

We've had a quiet day at home today (thank goodness!). I've been working on the computer all day, I've got a client to see in the morning and I need her files to be as up to date as possible. After I see her, I have another appointment. Fortunately they are both local, in the village. I had to visit the shops in the village this afternoon too, it was good to get out in the fresh air for a while. Then again for the opera class tonight.

It is definitely warming up now, although the nights are still cool. I'm looking forward to the summer.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (LDM), I'm glad you and difficult child were able to spend a fun evening together in spite of not having power.

Rabbit, Hope Bob's vet visit goes well!!! Will keep him in my thoughts... Hugs...

Marg, I love reading about summer time in Australia when it's freezing here!!! I love being able to spend a bit of time thinking about the beach, lots of sunshine, etc., etc., etc.,... Your posts are so descriptive that it's easy for me to close my eyes, relax for a couple of minutes and just daydream... Sort of like a "mini-vacation" without leaving home... Then reality hits, lol...

I have physical therapy this morning. It really seems to be helping and I'm glad because after the end of the month, I need to stop my visits. We're changing insurance plans and all visits beginning Nov. 1st would be applied to my yearly deductible. This wouldn't normally be a problem but it's a calendar year deductible so beginning Jan. 1st, I have to start all over again... I don't think I'll need any additional visits after next week because my PT gave me a home program.

The rest of the day will be filled with errands and phone calls. Luckily, difficult child 2 has his after school social skills group this afternoon so I have an extra hour before having to pick him up.

Hope everyone's day is off to a good start! SFR