Good Middle of the Week Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Good Wednesday Morning!

I woke this morning, not to the music I usually wake to, but to a severe thunderstorm and tornado watch message! It's 64 degrees outside and a huge cold front is moving in. So far, just wind and some rain but they say it's coming......

easy child is supposed to come over and we are doing the outside Christmas decorations today! But, the forecast is for clearing skies and falling temps as the day progresses so we should be able to get it done.

I bought some Christmas fabric yesterday so will spend the morning cutting out squares of that to put on the top of the canning jars I'm giving.

It's starting to look like :rudolph: the holidays around here!

Have a great middle of the week!

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning All! Hope everyone has a GREAT day! Raining here UGH! I hope it stops soon!
Sharon -Have fun decorating!
Hugs to all Rabbit

Marguerite

Sharon, you've got our weather! You too, Rabbit! And it's the first day of summer here! The rain is forecast to continue indefinitely. Our village is flooded, the road is swamped and husband had to drive the long way to get home. My washing is still on the line from Monday. Sodden. Bleah. But a good day to stay indoors and get some bookwork done...

Some time over the next few days I will work on the gingerbread house I bought (a kit). But with this humidity, it would be disastrous.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-Enjoy the decorating! We had a tornado watch at the beginning of the last week-very unusual around here too at this time of the year.

Rabbit-Hope the rain stops soon!!

Marg-Hope your rain stops soon too!

No rain for us today. Yesterday we saw the first flurries of the year. Right now our temp is 21 and I don't think we're predicted to get out of the 20s for the foreseeable future. Yesterday I had my students guess when they thought we would get the first 3 inches of snow or more. Now we'll wait and see.

Skipped boot camp again because husband isn't feeling well. I'm so glad we skipped because I barely slept again last night-too much worry about easy child/difficult child again.

Today after work it's haircut time for me!

Then grocery store to buy stuff to make Chex Party mix for our Christmas party in Michigan on Saturday.
Wishing everyone a peaceful day!!

Good Morning Everyone:mornincoffee::beautifulthing:,

Sharon (LDM), Hope the thunderstorm passes quickly and the tornado watch is removed - NO difficult child WEATHER ALLOWED!!! Have fun decorating with easy child.

Rabbit, I hope the rain stops soon!!! I guess it's better than snow though... Hope you have a good day!!!

Marg, Rain is in the forcast here too. It's unseasonably warm, already in the fifties and it's still pretty early. Have fun making the gingerbread house. You brought back some great memories of when my kids were small and husband brought home a kit for us to make with them. Too bad I can't find the pictures of the finished product! We had to stop difficult child 2 from trying to eat just about all the decorations, lol... It was a special afternoon, one I'll always remember...

Speaking of the holidays, I'm going Christmas shopping today.:christmasgift::elf: I'm hoping it'll get me in the mood to give my house a much needed cleaning before putting up the tree.:christmaslights:

Hope everyone has a great day!!! SFR

Hi Sharon,

You snuck in on me... I'm really S L O W typing in the mornings - My fingers just refuse to wake-up, lol... Hope husband is feeling better ASAP!!! Keeping my fingers crossed the rest of the family stays healthy... Hope easy child/difficult child magically turns into a easy child today!!! Glad you're taking a bit of time for yourself - Have fun getting your hair cut. SFR

hexemaus2

Old hand
Good morning Ladies!

Sharon - we've had two days of gloomy, gray off again/on again rain. It really poured last night. Thankfully, this morning is dry, albeit colder than it's been lately.

Rabbit - it stinks that we're all having gloomy, yucky weather, don't it? Hope it clears up for you soon.

Marg - gingerbread houses, oh what funny memories those bring. I bought kits year after year for the kids. None ever got finished because we ate all the vital parts just reading the instructions. lol. Hope it dries up for you soon too so you can get yours built without humidity making it a sloppy mess. :)

with-O - flurries? 20 degree temps? Shiver. We wont get those kinds of temps in the daytime til January. Makes me itch just thinking about cold, wet weather. (People laugh when I say I'm allergic to the cold...until my hands and feet swell, the hives start, and I wind up looking like a blowfish. What can I say? Even my allergies are puzzling difficult children. lol)

SFR - you can come here and put up our tree next! I'm sooo not looking forward to dragging all that stuff down from the attic, dusting it off, putting it up, keeping the cat (and the grandbaby) out of it, just to undo it all in a few weeks. I swear I think it would be easier to paint decorations on the walls, then paint over them after the holidays. lol.

Today is work, work, and more work. I have a list of articles due over the next week and a ton of research to do. In fact, I'll be posting about a few of them here on the board shortly so I can get some difficult child parent input/ideas to include. ;) Who best to brainstorm difficult child topics with than parents of difficult children, right?

difficult child 2 was a little grumpy this morning, but not enough for me to say it's a grumpy day yet. He went back to bed after I kicked him off the computer, so perhaps he just needs a nap to shake off the grizzly attitude this morning. I hope. I'm not in the mood for difficult child grumpiness and the constant work distractions it causes (he gets rather clingy when he's having a grumpy day.)

In between work and work, I have to call to set up a check up with the family doctor for me. Been having trouble sleeping again lately. Last time the answer turned out to be 3 months on low dose Prozac to sooth my anxiety levels. Weird. I don't feel anxious, or even worried about much, but when my sleep patterns get all screwy for more than a couple of weeks, I know something's up...whether I "feel" it or not. Fam doctor says it's my hectic lifestyle taking its toll. GYN says it's a hormonal thing. Personally? I think it's just years of living with difficult children catching up to me now & again.

Hope you all have a lovely, dry, non-difficult child kind of day!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all!

Raining here too - everyone try to stay dry and cozy. At least it's not cold raw rain, ick.

difficult child's back is getting better - she went back to work today, armed with ice packs, advil, and a tens unit for pain.

I got rid of the mice at home, but now they are in my office (poop all over the inside of my desl!!)...and no, I do not have food in my desk. They chewed up files, actual employee files!!! I have to vacuum the drawers out now.

Have a great day everyone!